Chapter 2 (Dax POV)

Not only was the Crimson Nile the name of the Gang I ran but it was also the name of the club I owned. Most nights I was too invested with mafia business to even entertain my club, so, most nights Jeremiah kept up with the club activities.

Tonight just happened to be a night where I had no Mafia business to attend to. So, I decided to check out everything.

I watched as Jeremiah led Namiko to the bar. She looked beautiful. She wore a grey sweater dress that fell to her ankles and a pair of white red bottoms. She dressed so simple, yet elegant.

"Keep an eye on her." I told the guard.

"Looks like Jeremiah has that covered." He responded.

I couldn't say that I was comfortable with their friendship but I think Jeremiah kept her sane. So, I'll allow them to remain close as long as no boundaries are crossed.

"Just keep an eye on her, please." I walked away, making my way into the back office to do Alcohol inventory and payroll.

Owning a clean business was fairly new to me because I'd been in the mafia since my early teens. I mean I had always imported illegal weapons  from country to country. Now, I owned a club along with my illegal business but I kept them both completely separate. The club was more so a subtle way for me and the gang to find food.

It was rare we ate to kill unless it involved business. We didn't want to draw attention to ourselves. But that was a warped vampire rule. The only vampires who didn't want to draw attention were Turned Vampires. Pure Bloods didn't need to keep a low profile because we were hard to kill.

There are 12 pure blood family's, 7 remain, 5 extinct.

The Jacoby Family
The Caesarean Family
The Garcia's Family
The Chinen Family
The Okoro Family
The Müller Family
The Bykou Family
The Carbonneau Family
The Bainbridge Family
The Russo Family
The Mason Family
The James Family

Every family had different origins. I came from the Jacoby Family. One of the most prestigious Pureblood families out of the 12.

Typically, only 10 pure bloods can exist in a Family at once, if a family produces more Mother Nature finds a way to take another out. That's what happened to the last 5 on my list.

At the moment my parents, my sister, and I were the only Jacobys.

In the midst of going through payroll, I happened to look at the security cameras and my eyes immediately zoomed in on Jeremiah and Namiko.

Namiko was dancing wildly on Jeremiah. My blood immediately began to boil. I stood from my seat abruptly and made my out of the office to the clubbing area. I quickly moved through the crowd pushing people out of my way.

As soon as I was within arms length of the both of them, I reached out and yanked Namiko way from Jeremiah by her arm.

"Let's go."

"Ouch! Dax, that hurts!" She exclaimed.

"Aye, man, what's wrong with you?" Jeremiah sobered up and stepped between she and I.

"It's time for Namiko to go home. Finish what I started upstairs."

I pulled Namiko out of the club and to my Porsche.

"Get in." I demanded

"No. I was having a good time. Go away." She growled.

"Get the fuck in!" I roared.

"I said no."

I grabbed her by her hair pulling her towards me. She flinched hard.

"You're really starting to piss me off."

"Then let me go." She cried.

"Why should I do that?" I opened the car door and sling her small body into the car seat.

"I hate you." She sniffled

"I don't give a fuck." I slammed the car door shut and made my way to the drivers side then got in.

I sped out of the parking lot down the highway back towards the my mansion. I gripped the steering wheel so tight that my hands began to turn white.

When I said I wasn't really okay with her and Jeremiahs friendship I meant it.

Jeremiah made her comfortable, he made her smile, and laugh. Something I couldn't. And I'll admit I was jealous. But I had kept that jealousy concealed until I saw her grinding her ass on his groin.

"I hate you." She huffed as she walked into the house.

"Too bad so sad. I don't give a flying fuck." I rolled my eyes.

She was my promised but I treated her like the scum on the bottom of my shoe. I was suppose to love and cherish her but how could I love a human??? I had never loved anyone or anything. Most pure bloods didn't love and they didn't have promises.

Why did the Blood God choose me to have a promised? A human one at that.

I was unforgiving, unmoving, unyielding, and completely ruthless.

Namiko didn't fit into my life. She is too naive and honestly it disgusted me.

"Why can't you just let me go home? You don't like me and I hate you. So why keep me around?"

"If I don't like you then why would I give you the very freedom that will make you happy??"

She didn't respond.

"By the way you and Jeremiah are not allowed to hang out alone anymore."

She let out a deafening scream.

"Shut the fuck up." I back handed her so hard she flew into the wall.

She slid down the wall and her body slumped.

Fuck. What did I do?

I walked over to her and reached out to touch her but her next words chilled me to my core. Well not the words but the tone she said them in.

"Don't touch me, please." She said dryly.

Not a cry, not a whimper.

She struggled to get up and then made her way up the stairs. When she got to the very top step she stopped and looked back at me.

"The next time you put your hands on me I'll will figure out a way to hurt you." She turned leaving me speechless.