Chapter 8: Seperated

After Prince and Gabby confessed their love to each other, they have been making love ona regular basis. But they still needed to be careful for Corynne to find out. They have kept their relationship under wraps , but Prince wanted this mess to be over as soon as possible. The first person he called, was Corynne's father. He needed to have a good talk with this man, with whom he still was doing business. He didn't want anything to jeopardize his music career, so this talk needed to happen.He spoke to Gabby, that Mr. Gordy would be visiting.

"Please don't be offended when I introduce you as the surrogate mother, because on paper, that's what you are.And I will present all the evidence I have to him. You know you mean more to me right? Gabby understood him completely and caressed his face.

"I know baby" He laid his head on her shoulder. He felt tired.

"Soon this will be over mama" She smiled at him and replied: "I know". Prince gently caressed her belly and kissed it.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine , baby". She kissed him and he kissed her back passionately. God, he loved her so....At that moment his phone rang.It was John Gordy , announcing that he would arrive at the mansion in 5 minutes. When Mr. Gordy arrived, Prince went to welcome him. He gave his son-in -law a hug. 

"How are you holding up, son?"

"Hanging in there , sir "

"So where is my darling daughter off to?"

"Who knows..... She just got up and left without saying a word." Mr. Gordy sighed deeply and shook his head. They had a seat and Rhonda served them some snacks and beverages.Prince then cleared his throat and started to speak .

"If you don't mind , sir, I would like to cut to the chase."

"By all means, please do." Prince presented him an envelope with all the evidence of his daughter's wherabouts in the past couple of months , her arrest and the bail Prince paid to get her out. Also a copy of her relinquishing her rights and duties of any future children they might have. John Gordy shook his head.  He was very disappointed in his daughter.This time she had gone too far. He was speechless.

"Mr. Gordy, I also would like to inform you that I will be moving out soon, and I have the surrogate mother under my care, so she's going with me. She is currently 10 weeks pregnant."

"I understand, son. I had hoped that you would be able to change my daughter. I've always liked your style, Prince. But now I see that I have to do the inevitable; disown her." Prince raised his eyebrows at that statement.

"You would do that?"

"Oh yes. The mansion is in my name , so take all the employees with you. I will make sure to transfer some money to your account , to compensate them for the inconvenience. When you leave, I will block all her credit cards and sell the mansion. She will not stay with me. I will get her a small apartment. If she wants to survive, she needs to work to earn her money."

"Wow... she would be devastated"

"Maybe so, but this is the only way she will learn not to be so selfish" Prince sighed,but was relieved that John understood.

" I hope this doesn't affect our business relationship, Mr. Gordy"

" No, ofcourse not. Now I would like to meet the woman who's carrying your child." They went in the kitchen ,where Gabby was just eating some fruit.She looked up and smiled.Prince's heart skpped a beat.

"Gabby, this is Mr. John Gordy, CEO of Warner Brothers and Corynne's father. John, this is Gabby." Gabby got up and streched out her hand.

"Nice to meet your, sir"

"Likewise, my dear,may I?" He wanted to touch her belly .

"Sure" He placed his hand on her belly.

" Beautiful..." He turned to Prince. " If I were you, I would try my luck on this one.She seems like a gem" He whispered in Price's ear. Prince laughed out loud.

"I'll take it into considferation, sir." John smiled.

"You're a good kid, Prince"

"Thank you, sir"

"Well,I'm off, keep me posted okay?"

"Okay, sir"

Two weeks later, Prince and Gabby moved to Minneapolis.Gabby was now 12 weeks along and after her 12 week appointment , Prince transferred her to a female OB/GYN in Minneapolis.A spromised, John transferred a large sum of money to compensate the employees.Everyone was happy to get out of the mansion.They all strongly disliked Corynne and hated the way she treated Prince. Rhonda is the only one who knows about their relationship and she is so happy. She and Prince are planning a surprisde birthday party for Gabby, whose birthday is two months from now. They were now living in a house near his studio, Paisley Park. He had a small studio in his house as well, so he could work from home, if necessary. o ne day, after dinner, Prince went to his studio, after Gabby went to sleep. Around eleven PM he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in!" .Gabby opened the door , nervously fidgeting with her hands.Prince reached out to her and pulled her on his lap. He caressed her belly to calm her down..

"What's wrong, Mama ?"

"Um...Can I ask you something?"

" Ofcourse baby, what's up?"

" I'm craving ice cream..."

" There is some in the freezer"

"No , aI'm craving Ben & Jerry's Double Fudge Chocolate ice cream"

" And we don't have that?" She shook her head.

" Okay let's go"

" Youére not angry?"

" Why would I be?"

" Because it's eleven PM..."

" So? My baby wants what it wants.I would do anything for you two. Now come on before they close" The ice cream parlor was just about to close, the owner recognized Prince and assisted him.Prince bought a dozen containers of the ice cream and tipped him royally. At home he took 2 scoops and placed them in a bowl for Gabby, while he took one scoop for himself. Gabby enjoyed her ice cream so much, that she ate with her eyes closed. When she finished, she opened her eyes , smiled at P rince and sighed satisfied.

"Thank you"

"Don't mention it, Mama. Feel better now?"

" Yeah, so much better"

" Good. I need to ask you something."

" Sure"

"Are you afraid of me?" Gabby lowered her eyelids and replied: " A little..."

" But why? Have I ever given you a reason to be afraid?"

"No, not at all. I'm just afraid to make you angry." Prince stared at her for a few seconds. He had a feeling there was more to this.

"  Gabrielle, has someone ever hurt you? I mean physically hurt you?"

" Yes"

" Wanna talk about it?" Gabby took a deep breath and started telling the story of her ex, who physically abused her. He used to lose his temper all the time and she used to live in constant fear.

" Oh ,baby...C'mere..." And he embraced her tightly. He assured her that she should never feel afraid around him, because he would never hurt her. 

" You're safe here, Mama. Remember that" 

" He used to kick me in my stomach, telling me I'll never have kids." She said with tears in her eyes.Prince got so angry he started to tremble.

"That son of a bitch! What's his name?? I'll put him behind bars!" Gabby caressed his face to calm him down.

" He's dead, Prince.He overdosed in our apartment."

" Oh, baby you had to go through that too? You know, I don't know if it's possible, but I think I love you more."

" I love you too.You're the best thing that's happened to me. "

"Same here, Mama". And they made love to each other before falling asleep in each other's arms.