Chapter 3:Match

After Corynne made clear that she does not want to have kids ,Prince started to take matters in his own hands.He contacted Mr.Gordy and kept him informed of what was taking place,just in case Corynne tried one of her schemes.He made his lawyer write a statement that stated ,that Corynne relinquished her duties and rights as mother of their future children in case of divorce. He made her sign it and gave it to Mike for safekeeping. Whether she participates or not,this child is happening.For him,this marriage was already over. He knew she wanted out and it was just a matter of time before she actually goes through with it.Meanwhile ,Corynne plotted to cheat on her husband just so she could get divorced from him.That's  the only way her dad would agree to it.So in the next few weeks ,Prince bought a house in Minnesota and built a large studio called Paisley Park.He hated living in LA in this awful mansion.Bit he had to stick it out because of the baby.It's a good thing they signed a prenuptial agreement, so if he would divorce it wouldn't be messy.

A surrogacy agency contacted him to inform that they found 3 possible matches .Two of them already gave birth to healthy babies,but the third one never got pregnant.Her name was Gabrielle Moretti.He promised to stop by the agency to discuss these women a bit more.He looked for Corynne and found her in the kitchen.
"Hey"
"Hey"
"So...the agency called,they found a match.Are you interested?"
"Nope"
"Corynne,you do know she will be living here right?"
"Yes,which is why I am leaving for 3 months .I want my old life back,Prince.I'm not ready for a family."
"Then why did you marry me,Corynne?Why did you even pursue me?Do you realize you've been playing with my emotions for 5 years?"
"I do...and I'm sorry.I guess I just saw it as a challenge.Getting something I couldn't have."
"You should try to love someone.Then you will know how a broken heart feels."
"I truly am sorry Prince"
"I wish I could believe you,Corynne.But I can't. But  it's fine ,I'll go by myself to the agency." And he walked out quickly ,so she didn't have to see him cry.He stepped in his car and sobbed uncontrollably.When he finished,he cleaned his fafe and put on some dark sunglasses to hide his red puffy eyes.

At the agency the woman at the front desk smiled at him warmly and greeted him.
"Welcome to our agency ,sir ,how may I help you?"
Prince smiled back and replied:""Hi ,I have an appointment with the floor manager ."
"Alright ,what's your name sir?" Prince had to laugh inwardly at the question. It was quite refreshing that smeone didn't recognize him or knew who he was.
"Nelson"
"Alright Mr.Nelson,you may have a seat.Mrs .Landry will be right with you."
"Thank you" Prince took a seat and 5 minutes later Mrs.Landry walked up to him.
"Mr.Nelson?"
"Yes,nice to meet you Mrs.Landry.You can call me Prince."
"Likewise,Prince,you can call me Grace.Now let's talk about these 3 matches...."
She proceded to show him pictures of the 3 women .Something about this Gabrielle struck him.He chose her ,despite her inexperience.It just felt right.Grace proceded to call Gabrielle to inform her that she had been chosen by someone to carry their baby.Prince read her bio and saw that she lived in Minneapolis. She was 25 years of age .He asked himself why such a pretty woman like her would choose to be a surrogate mother.He needed to meet her.....

Meanwhile in Minneapolis

"Purple Rain,Purple rain...I only want to see you underneath the purple rain...."

The song was blaring through the speakers in Gabby's small living room.She lived in a small one bedroom apartment in Minneapolis. She had a job as a waitress during the day and took care of an elderly woman during the night.The money she earned ,she was saving to pay her tuition. Today was her day off and she spent the day cleaning her apartment while listening to some music.She loved all kinds of music, but Prince's music was her favourite. Suddenly her phone rang.It was the surrogacy agency, informing her that a couple in LA had selected her and wanted to meet .They were going to fly her to LA.She was elated!In a desperate move she registered two years ago.She needed money real bad and wanted to complete her studies to become a Social Worker.But after two years of silence from the agency,she gave up on the idea and started working overtime instead.Gabby loved helping people .She wondered who chose her.She grew up without parents and always dreamed of having a family of her own someday.She called the agency back to make an apointment and receive contact details of this couple.She was so happy. Little did she know who she would be helping.

Two weeks later

"Corynne,I have to meet with the potential surrogate mother.Are you coming?"
"No you can go"
Prince sighed deeply and took his car keys from tue coffee table. His driver had already picked her up from the airport yesterday and she is now staying at a hotel ,not far from where he lived.He drove up the hotel to meet Gabby.He felt nervous for some reason.As he parked the car he started to take deep breaths to calm his nerves.She already stood outside waiting .When he saw her ,his heart skipped a beat .She was so beautiful! Pictures didn't do her justice at all.She recognized him immediately and her face lit up.She tried to hide her excitement ,but Prince noticed the spark in her eyes.He smiled at her and shook her hand.
"Hi,I'm Prince."
"Hi,I'm Gabrielle, but everyone calls me Gabby." When she smiled he noticed a mole on her right cheek and a dimple on her left cheek.So adorably unique.He caught himself staring at her and cleared his throat.
"Um...shall we?I would like to get to know you a little before we um...try to conceive"
Gabby giggled at his bashfulness and followed him to his car.She couldn't believe it!She was going to carry Prince's baby...who would have thought?!He drove to a lake ,where  he would get aquainted witu her.At the lake he noticed her fidgeting nervously .He gently placed his hands on hers.
"Relax,Gabby, I'm just a man desperately longing for a child of my own.Forget all the other stuff.I want you to get to know me,the person and I hope I can get to know you too."
"I would like that" she said softly.
"Good.I will ask you some questions about yourself and you're free to answer them.If you choose not to,just say it.I appreciate honesty,alright?"
"Alright"

And they started to get to know each other....