Chapter 41

I walked into my now open for business salon. I had my latte and phone in one hand and my purse in the other. "Good morning ladies." I said greeting the few people who were getting their hair done. They all greeted me back with warm smiles and I headed towards the back where my office was located.

Yesterday was really a success, a lot of people were at the grand opening and overall it was a good time. There was food, drinks and a live DJ. What shocked me most was seeing Tiffany there. Especially because Izaiah and I had no idea she was in town or coming, she sorta just popped up.

But I wasn't tripping, Sage already told what it was between Tiffany and Izaiah.

I finished up the little paper work I had left and started getting ready for my 2:00 appointment I had coming in a few minutes. I walked out my office and back into the salon. All the stylists I hired to work in my shop were here. Amber, Kim, Venessa and EJ. I was amazed by each one of their hair portfolios.

Venessa and Kim were both wizards when it came to plucking and bleaching frontals. Amber could make a traditional sew in look like it was freshly silk pressed and, EJ, man EJ had the hands of god. The way he could lay a frontal and make it look like your scalp, then he would do whatever style on you that just made you look like you paid 1,000 bucks for your install.

I was happy with my team. They all gave me that friendly, hardworking and dedicated vibe that's why I hired them, including my receptionist Char. "London your 2pm is here." Char said walking up to me. "Ok thanks. Tell her to come on back." I told char with a small smile. I walked over to my booth and began prepping the chair. "Oh my god London! This shop is sooo nice!" Briana said walking towards me taking in the space.

A big smile appeared on my face as I walked over to hug her and her round pudgy stomach. "Thank you girl, how you've been?" I asked pulling away from our hug. Briana was Becky's older sister and she was good people. Now she's married and having her first baby, I'm honestly happy for her and I know Becky is too.

"I've been good—pregnant as hell, but good." She said wobbling into the chair, it was cute. "I see, how many months are you now?" I asked pinning up her natural hair and putting the salon cape over her. "I'm almost 9 months." She said rubbing her belly.

"Oh wow. You can pop any day then?" I said chuckling. "Yea, but he's being stubborn like me." She said laughing too. We continued making conversation as I washed her hair and blow dried it, I was now braiding her long thick hair back in 6 braids so we can begin her install.

Briana wanted a simple blunt cut bob sew in with her natural hair left out. This style was also known as a leave out or traditional sew in. I began sewing the honey blonde weave onto her braids piece by piece until I reached the top. I grabbed my clippers and began cutting down the ends of the weave into the desired style she wanted. I plugged up the flat iron and stood on the side combing through the weave to make sure it was full enough and not too tight.

*************

Meanwhile Zay was on his way to do the unthinkable. He parked up his car and hopped out, he jogged towards the front door and made his way into the nice hotel on the other side of town. Once he got into the elevator he pressed the 8 button signaling the elevator to stop on the eighth floor. He got off and walked to the second door on the left, he knocked 3 times before the person answered the door.

"Hey, how did you know I was here?" She asked pulling her robe shut. "You know I can find whoever, wherever." Izaiah said brushing past her to enter her hotel room.

"Wassup?" Tiffany asked closing the door behind herself. "Wassup? Tiffany stop playing bruh. Why did you come all the way to Virginia?" He asked sounding irritated. She giggled and walked over to the lounge area. "Look Izzy, I told you what is was...I don't know why you're acting weird now.