Chapter 27:Things Just Happened

Depuis le début

Isaiah's face no longer held any expression, it was as though he was just taking in my words. 

"So." I spoke to both of them. "I know this sounds bad but I just figured I should be truthful with both of you. At least now, before I get deeper in to anything with both of you." 

I didn't expect them to just pull me into long hugs and tell me they weren't going anywhere after what I'd just confessed. I just hoped somebody would say something soon because my mind was racing and the silence around us was too thick for anyone to be comfortable. 

"I lied to you." He spoke up. 

Isaiah. 

"I strung you along when I knew pieces of my past weren't all just behind me. But Stac," Isaiah came forward, closing some of the distance between us two. His fingers twitched but he still didn't touch me. "It's really not what you think. I should of told you about Lillian before anyone else had a chance to. Honestly, I was in no rush to tell you about my past because I thought no one could beat me to it. The idea of us is crazy, but if I haven't said it before, I'll say it now." His eyes flickered over to quiet Colton before returning back to mine, his own overflowing with emotions. 

"I love you. Dammit, I said it. And I've known since the day I watched you walk away from me, shattered because of me. I love you, I'll shout it to the world if I have to. We're crazy. Us, it's crazy. But I'll do whatever I need to you to get a true chance with you." He finished. 

The world had slowed down and for the quickest second, Colton didn't matter to me. He'd said it. Not only to me but in front of someone else. His eyes shined with truth but deep down I still felt guarded. 

"But I see, you have something or someone in the way for you to feel the same." Isaiah whispered, his hands cupped my cheeks. "And I'll allow you to figure that out before I ask you to properly be with me." Placing a soft kiss on my forehead, Isaiah tucked his hands into his jean pockets and created space between us once more. 

What was I supposed to say? I wasn't sure if I even understood what he was offering me. Was it true? Would he step down from his job to allow us a real chance with each other or was I assuming that's what he meant. Love or not, he and I stood no chance without a lawsuit and chaos coming soon behind. 

"Stacie." Colton's voice pulling me out of my confused stare. 

I nodded in response, not trusting my voice enough to speak out to him. 

"I don't love you." My eyes snapped up in his direction, his face full of determination. "But I could grow to. We, together, could work towards that. Build and let ourselves fall and I promise, I'll always be here to catch you." A small smile tugging at his lips as he took steps towards me. 

"I like you. I like your spirit. The way you smile to yourself in your room when you're drawing all alone. I like how your face screams all your thoughts and every time we're together a good time is effortless. But I won't compete for your love. I won't tell you to pick me or point out all his flaws. I'll let you decide because Stac, you deserve that much." Colton's voice held no secrets as he spoke his side. 

Wrapping his arm around my waist, gently dragging my body to his as if he and I were the only two in this field. I didn't fight or pull away from his hold while I watched him lean down cautiously. 

His lips only inches from mine, he moved at a deathly slow pace as if silently asking for permission. My eyes fluttered closed, our faces so close I felt my eye lashes brush across his cheeks. 

Colton took my silence as acceptance, diminishing the little space between my lips and his own. A soft, faint kiss it was but it held so much emotion that I couldn't pull away even if I wanted to. 

This wasn't how I expected any of this to go. They didn't hate me? Call me mean names because I had strung them both along with my indecision. No, they were both giving me a chance to choose. They weren't leaving me alone with neither as an option. Much to my surprised, they'd both basically just promised to stick around as long as I wanted them to. 

I no longer felt his lips or his arm around my waist at that moment while I crawled back out of my thoughts. 

Both guys stood next to each other both looking at me like the balls were now in my court. 

"We aren't asking you to choose now." Isaiah started. 

"Or even right away." Colton said. 

"Take your time." Isaiah rocked back and forth on his toes, a nervous thing I'd seen him do so many times before. 

"I'm not going anywhere." Colton whispered, loud enough for both Isaiah and myself to hear. 

"We'll give you time. Colton, would you like a lift?" Isaiah offered, no longer paying attention to me or the fact that I stood here at a lost for words. 

Colton nodded, "Thanks. I'll see you around Stac." 

They two turned away from me, heading back to Isaiah's car. No one said another word and I couldn't believe what had just happened around me. 

I watched the two pull away from the quiet field and I felt myself finally breathe. They were going to let me choose. They were really going to let me choose. 

My heart stopped at the realization that no matter how much both promised they weren't going anywhere, I couldn't have both of them. 

Okay so, not sure how I feel about this one but here it is. I didn't proofread as I was more excited just to be updating finally. Don't be shy, share your thoughts or who you think it should be. Thanks to everyone who's still reading, voting, and sharing their opinions, I really do appreciate it. And this is about to turn into a rant but I haven't expressed how excited I was to actually get past 50K reads. That alone has made this story worth writing . I know it's not the best and I'll go back and redo this whole thing one day but right now, just thanks to everyone who's decided to take out their time to read this. Til next time :)