Chapter 5:Those eyes

I had survived four days without detention but it was Friday and almost everything seemed to be moving slow. Except lunch of course.

Okay, I'm lying. I had only been at school long enough to get through my first period and I was currently on my way to my second. Art.

For once I was happy to have Liz in a class with me because I knew with my luck, the rumors about the new art teacher was true. Add on more of my bad luck, Isaiah would be that teacher.

I hadn't seen him since we bumped in the hall that one day and I haven't texted him since I got detention that other day. Come to think of it I hadn't seen him around at all. Like he fell off the face of earth or moved away and decided not to keep contact with anyone. I know, my imagination is wonderful.

"Are you even listening to me?" Liz said in an annoyed tone as we walked the halls together.

Honestly, I forgot she was beside me. I flashed her a puzzled look, "What were you talking about?" I said trying to give a sweet smile so she wouldn't yell at me.

"I was saying we should leave for lunch." she said while rolling her eyes at me. "You never listen anymore, you know that right?" she added

"Sorry, warn me next time you want to talk about something I don't care about." I said playfully.

"Shut up." she laughed.

We walked into our Art class laughing, not even really realizing we were late. The whole class turned their heads to look at us, a couple giving death glares like we had really interrupted something important.

My eyes slid over to the tall, familiar figure standing in the middle of the class. The class was set up in a circle, making it so we see everyone's face. No tables today, just the chairs. This sort of made it look like an AA meeting.

Isaiah standing directly in the middle of the circle and glaring at us just like the rest of the class. I put on the best smile I could and I knew I was blushing. Lizy on the other hand was drooling like she'd never seen a hot teacher before.

Truth be told, we probably haven't. Not at this school at least.

"Have a seat." he ordered, pointing to the two empty chairs positioned directly behind him. This gave us a beautiful view of his ass. That thought only made my blush deepen.

I was staring up until Liz pulled me by my purse and guided me to the seat. A few people laughed but those were guys. The girls were too busy making fucked up Megan Fox faces, attempting to look sexy.

"Okay. Now since that is over, back to what I was saying." he paused and I heard the amusement in his voice. “I’m Mr. Smith. Clearly I'm the new art teacher and this is how the class will be set up for all of next week." he said while walking around the middle of the circle.

"Why?" Paul asked from a few seats down from me. Paul was the loner no one really talked to but everyone knew who he was.

Isaiah laughed, "Ah I knew that question would come from somebody." he said while walking over to a chair that was also part of the circle and sitting down.

"Mrs. Miller knew you guys." he pointed out. "I don't." he said while shrugging his shoulders.

"So you mean to tell me we're going to be sitting in this circle to get to know each other?" Some snobby little girl said, sitting over by the door. Her, I didn't know.

"Yup." he said popping the P. Making the statement come off a tad childish.

Some of the class groaned but me, I was staring. Ever since he sat down his eyes were boring directly into mine as he spoke. I noticed a couple glances our way but no one really said anything.

I didn't care regardless. Liz called herself trying to get my attention by shoving her combat boots into my leg but I only cussed and told her to "fuck off" never taking my eyes off Isaiah.

Those beautiful hazel eyes of his sprinkled with amusement before he glanced down at his palms like a little boy.    

"Stacie." Lizy whispered "Just drool why don't you."

I looked over at her and gave her my full attention. "Silence. I was not drooling." I whispered back thru clenched teeth.

"Sure you weren't." A huge smile stretched across her face and her eyes danced with mocking joy.

"Shut up." I blushed

Clapping his hands to get everyone's attention, mostly me and Lizy's. "So what's everyone's favorite color?"  He beamed. "I'll guess yours is pink."

I wasn't really listening, just looking around until I felt everyone's eyes on me.

"Me?" I asked puzzled and pointing at myself.

He chuckled, "yes, you."

I slid down lower in my chair and tried to give the best confident expression I could. "Umm what was the question?" I smiled sweetly

"Is your favorite color pink?" he asked again while shoving his hands in his pockets nervously.

I cocked my left brow and tilted my head to the side, "Why would you think my favorite color was pink?" I seriously wanted to know.

Everyone in the class looked at me like I was crazy and I couldn't understand why.

He laughed hard this time. Dimples appearing in his cheeks and a smile taking over his face. "I just assumed your hair and all." he said still laughing.

I smiled. "My hair is just creative expression; my favorite color is lime green." I paused "I just figured lime green would be a really loud color to put in my hair." I half joked. That was truthfully why my hair wasn't green on the ends; pink already drew too much attention.

"Nice to know." he said still smiling. "And what about everyone else? We'll start from her and go left."

This went on for the rest of the class.

-Hmm kay kay, don't have much to say about this chapter. It's really just a filler. Yup, til next time. ^_^