My phone started ringing and I knew who it was so I chose to switch it off. I'm gonna change my SIM card anyways. My mother looked at me and narrowed her eyes.

When we had returned home, Yashvi had gone to her place, my mother finally came towards me and slapped me. Not something I wasn't used to already. She slaps me whenever she wants to. I look at her blankly.

"What were you thinking? When you thought it would be ok to date someone!?", She screams.

"I-I"

"You've put us to shame, and that too with a guy who isn't from our caste?", I whip my head up and look at her.

"He's from our caste!", I tried to tell her. She took out her phone and showed me a picture. While she was showing me my father was there too, looking at me sadly.

It was a picture of me hugging my friend Brent. But they couldn't have taken the picture. And that's when everything clicked and I realized someone had hired a spy and only clicked a picture with Brent when I was clearly not with him. No one actually knew about my boyfriend except Yahsvi.

I felt betrayed and looking at her with teary eyes before she slapped me again.

"I knew it! I knew that you would get spoilt. You couldn't even successfully run a business and wasted our money, now all you do is the household chores and work in your brother's company!"

*****************************

That's how I landed up where I actually am today. Currently, I'm sitting in my office with my other co-workers as we worked on a project. So, I actually wake up, cook, eat, come to the office, go home, wash everyone's vessels, finish my work from office because my boss loves to give me extra work and then sleep.

I stare at my locket that's clasped around my neck. It was given by him. I still feel so guilty about leaving him. Maybe he's moved on and settled already. I mean he sure was rich and handsome. He could get girls.

"Earth to Tanvi!", A voice snapped at me.

"You better finish this work! You're already lagging behind!", My manager says. You see, being the sister of the boss, I still am a normal worker, not that I care because I am self-employed and earn a lot from that job.

"Gee! Thanks, manager! If I was a stranger, people could surely tell that we are cousins", well meet Anuradha, my cousin. A bitch. And my manager. She has it in her to insult me or to humiliate me every chance she gets. Again like my mother, I've come to terms with it. Honestly, like this bitch here thinks I'm a robot.

"Whatever, just concentrate on your work!", She said before walking out of the office and I could already tell what looks my co-workers held on their faces. Sympathy and pity. They were nice people, always cheering me up but when they sympathized with me I hated it.

Today's Saturday, the day I'll be making dinner for everyone, I so immediately finish my work and go home and start cooking while Yashvi did the other work. She then sets the table and I start putting the dishes on the dinner table.

I generally prefer eating after everyone eats, because a) things get pretty awkward when we all gather at the dining table and b) with the way she's gonna insult me and humiliate me, I know I'm gonna lose my appetite.

Just as she takes her first bite, her face scrunches up and my father looks at me. He knows what's about to come my way. My dad's never been that bad to me. He never raises his hand. Never shouts at me. Better yet, doesn't talk to me much. He's mostly silent.