𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

Start from the beginning

"See that boy?" I asked, pointing to Payton. Zoe nodded, looking back at me, "when he came to talk to me, he also scared me from behind," I said, opening my locker. She grasped my arm and shook me.

"You talked to him?? He's so hot!!" She quietly yelled. I playfully rolled my eyes, "no but seriously... is he single?" She asked. I was caught off guard with this question a little.

"I don't know, why don't you ask him?" I asked her, knowing she would say no. I shut my locker and we begin to slowly walk down the halls.

"How did you become friends with him? He's literally perfect..." she said. I didn't feel like answering that one. Just then, Payton cuts in front of us and starts walking backwards. He grabbed his backpack straps and stared at the both of us.

"So, Jaden's having another party tonight, coming?" He asked, waiting for my response.

"Didn't he have one like, three days ago?" I asked.

"Yeah, but who cares!!" He said, trying to convince me to go. I grabbed his hand.

"And don't you not like parties?" I asked, laughing a little.

"Well no... but that's why I'm asking you. If you go, I'll go," He smiled. How sweet of him... I sighed.

"Okay.." I said. Payton got all excited and his smile got brighter.

"Alright I'll pick you up at 5. And Be ready!!" He said, squeezing me hand. Once he let go, he dodged the other direction. I turn to Zoe to see her mouth  opened wide.

"I didn't know you were THAT close with him!!" She said, surprised, "you can totally set us up!!" She said. Again, I was caught off guard. Why does she wanna be with him so bad?

"That's not how it works," I laughed a little, continuing to walk. Then, I saw a familiar face. It was the girl that dared Payton to kiss me... I didn't expect her to talk to me but;

"April!!! How are you?" She said, grabbing my shoulders. I was confused, so was Zoe.

"Uhm, good?" I asked, moving my shoulders, signaling her to move her hands.

"Great!! So, I wanted to chat for a little!!" She said, acting all excited. I shrugged.

"Sure," I said. She dropped her smile, glancing at Zoe.

"She can't come," she said, staring her down. I turned back to Zoe.

"I'll be 2 minutes, okay?" I said, smiling softly at her. She nodded. The girl snatched me away and past everybody. We stopped at a hallway filled will lockers.

"So about that party the other night... I actually wanted to-" she began. I didn't even know her damn name.

"Wait a minute, what's your name again?" I asked.

"Oh, it's Caitlyn, anyways," she said, rushing the conversation, "about that dare I gave Payton to kiss you, did that change anything? Are you guys close? Like.. really close?" She said. She was straight pissing me off at how bossy she was acting. I backed up and changed my tone.

"Look, I don't know where your trying to get at here, but we're not dating. And yes, we are good friends, but you need to mind your business," I said, walking away. I caught sight of Zoe and went to catch up. I ran up next to her.

"Hey, sorry about that. I had to let her have it real quick," I said, trying to make Zoe feel less left out. She laughed a little.

"Call me after school, I wanna know everything," she said bumping me a little. She seemed to be thinking a lot, I could tell.