☼ twelve ☼

☼ ☼ ☼

☼ ☼ ☼

Rosalie rushed through the Enchanted Forest with Jane hot on her heels. She tried to contact Ben as soon as they were far away enough from Audrey, but to no avail. Breathing heavily, Rosalie sighed. "I'm sorry your birthday was ruined, Janey. I wish there was something I could do."

Jane smiled at her friend. "Don't worry about me. Today will just be the longest birthday I've ever had."

Feeling lost, Rosalie took a short break on a tree stump. Her entire world had now changed in an instant, and she couldn't tell if she was ready for it at all. She tried to get a grasp of her surroundings, noticing an endless trail of claw marks among the trees.

"No, no, no," Rosalie gasped. "Jane, we have to keep going."

While the two stumbled blindly towards the light, a set of familiar faces were also searching for Ben.

☼ ☼ ☼

Harry Hook and the rest of his "crew" finally caught glimpse of what appeared to be the very person they were looking for, who now resembled his father from so many years ago. Ben growled in immense pain.

"Oh, he's got a boo boo. That's why he's so cranky," Gil chirped. "You know, my dad said that his dad did not handle pain well at all."

Carlos helped Ben get a splinter out of his paw, who was then suddenly blasted with water. The Beast turned into Ben, and thus rang a voice that Harry Hook knew all too well.

"Ben!" Rosalie screamed, rushing frantically to her best friend. She was in so much worry that she didn't even notice the company. (She surely didn't notice the beard and fangs, but there were worse problems at hand.) She took his hand in hers. "Let me help you."

Harry watched the princess in complete awe.

As Ben winced in pain, Rosalie whispered, "I know it hurts, but you need to trust me, okay?" She then took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"Flower, gleam and glow. Let your power shine," she sung. Rosalie's hair began to glow, and everyone looked completely astonished. It had been said that her mother, Rapunzel, had the magic ability to heal. Not a single person around knew that same trait passed on to her daughter - not even Ben, and certainly not Harry.

The pirate felt his heart skip a beat.

"Save what has been lost. Bring back what once was mine, what once was mine."

Rosalie couldn't hide her laughter while looking at her best friend's new look. "Nice, uh, fangs."

"You need another blast." Jane proceeded to spray him again, but the beard and fangs remained. "It's Enchanted Lake water," Jane shrugged. "I guess it can only do so much."

Rosalie shook her head and dusted herself off. There was already so much at stake with so little time. The adrenaline began rushing through her veins. Instead of feeling lost like before, she was now ready to take on any force that came her way, but then...

"Well, well, well," said the voice she hadn't heard in oh-so-long.

"Harry," Rosalie said breathlessly, eyes growing wider by the second.The princess couldn't fathom the very person standing in front of her. "You're here. You're in Auradon. I... how-"

"Princess," Harry smiled. He immediately pulled her into his arms. Quiet enough for only Rosalie to hear, he whispered, "Thank you for believing in me, sunshine."

Rose felt her cheeks heat up. Before she had the chance to say anything, Ben interrupted their moment.

"Hold on." He narrowed his eyes and pointed to the two pirates. "Who's side are they on?"

"They escaped and joined us," Jay said as a matter-of-fact. "And Mal has the ember, which is our only hope to stop Audrey. Details to follow."

"Hades' ember? Has Mal gone back to the Isle?" Ben questioned.

"I said details to follow. We're meeting up - with Mal, Evie and Uma. Let's go."

"Uma?"

"Details to follow!"

They all began their trek to Evie's castle. Rosalie and Harry were stuck to each other's hip. Neither of them said a word, unlike one of their first encounters, but they decided to enjoy each other's company before whatever was going to happen would happen.

"Hey, Jay," Harry said as the son of Jafar neared them. "Thanks for saving me gorgeous face."

☼ ☼ ☼

oof HELLO!! I honestly never thought I'd ever get any reads on any of my stories (I've been writing fan fics for a very long time) and all I have to say is WOW. and THANK YOU. I'm a bit overwhelmed but nonetheless you are all amazing and I hope everything good is coming your way!! also sorry for the kind of short chapter?? but I've been dying to update with the healing incantation idea I've had for MONTHS so I'm vibing w it