Pride and Feelings

A/N: I am not really happy with this but I decided to go with this because it was the best one. I wrote about 5 different beginnings for this chapter and somehow a writer block kicked in every time I realized this just wasn't it. That is why it took me so long.

I am kind of a perfectionist so there aren't many of my works I really like because I feel I could have done better all the time. For the coming chapters I have more of a plan what I want to write. Hopefully, there will be another chapter before the end of 2019.

Anyway, enjoy!

You swore you've never seen Katsuki as mad as of right at that moment. You thought he had been already annoyed this morning when Izuku and you stepped through the door and into your new classroom at the U.A. – he just couldn't believe that Izuku had passed.

But the way he looked - no- stared you down right now was so different from what you were used to.

"Have you known or not? Fucking answer, flashlight" the blond growled lowly. You gulped as you didn't really know what to say.

Katsuki had cornered you in a hallway when you left the dressing room after your quirk apprehension test, asking you about Izuku and his quirk. Considering that the angry boy had been ready to attack the green head right then and there when he had realized that the other actually had a quirk, you weren't surprised that he was in a bad mood.

You just didn't expect him to seek out you for answers.

"Fucking tell me. Did you and your shitty friend lie this entire fucking time?" He yelled when he realized that you were to stay silent.

You would like to give him an answer but weren't sure what that answer should be. You couldn't tell him the truth since you would betray Izuku's as well as All Might's trust and only telling him half of the truth might cause misunderstandings. Lying might calm him down but you would feel bad about it.

"Answer, god damn it!" He was more emotional about it than you have ever seen him before. Sure, he showed a lot of his anger but this felt like it wasn't just that. It almost seemed vulnerable – the way he was looking at you.

"Kind of" you muttered but the way his eyes narrowed even more told you that he heard you.

"What a shitty answer. What the hell are you even trying to say with that?" the explosive boy balled his hands into fists as he couldn't help but feel kind of betrayed.

He knew that you weren't that close and that you weren't obliged to tell him everything but somehow this hit him hard. Was this why he never had a chance with you? Was this the reason you only ever had eyes for Izuku? If so, he didn't even have the possibility to prove himself to be better because he hadn't known and it made him so mad.

"Katsu" you said his name calmly. "It is a bit complicated. I have known, kind of but I can't really talk about it." Your explanation was rather confusing and you knew but you could only hope he would accept it as it was.

You tried to take a step closer to him but he backed off immediately, obviously not wanting to be near you. You didn't even understand why he felt so strongly about this but you wanted to. You really wanted to know.

"Wasn't I good enough to know? Are the shitty nerd and you so much better than me that you didn't even feel the need to tell me? Were you fucking laughing about me after school? Stop looking the fuck down on me! Don't think this is gonna change anything! I will become the number 1 hero. My quirk is fucking stronger than this loser's. I will fucking end him" He stated, making your eyes widen.