Chapter 1

A/N: Welcome to my newest story! This is just a short one only 4 chapters. I've been chewing over it since the summer and decided it's time to get it up and out of my head for good. I'll be posting a chapter a week until it's complete.

If you haven't heard, I'll be having a baby in 2020, which means my writing will be slowing down. But don't worry! I'm still working on lots and lots of projects, but I'm holding off on posting them until they are complete.

Warnings for this story are A/B/O dynamics, dubious consent, and the M rating is for language and sexual content.

Monster, mega thanks to Vino Amore for being Alpha/Beta extraordinaire on this. She's put in soo much time and it was soo necessary. I think we tripled the word count after she started looking at this! So thank you, thank you Vino!

If you liked this (or hated it) let me know about it in a review! Find me on Tumblr at crochetawayhpff.

~0o0~

Draco

Draco Malfoy ran a shaking hand through his hair as he paced the length of his bedroom. His bare feet sinking into the padding of the priceless Persian rug. His heart beat wildly as he subconsciously rubbed a hand across the back of his neck in a futile attempt to eradicate the reason for his shame. He had always considered himself a lucky person—being born into an attractive, wealthy, pure-blood family, his breeding was of the highest pedigree. Both of his parents were Alphas.

Stopping his movement to study his reflection in the full-length mirror, his stomach twisted in knots as he turned to study the mark on the back of his neck. Squeezing his eyes shut and letting out a grunt of frustration, he took deep breaths in an attempt to calm his nerves. An Omega mark was the very last thing he would've expected for himself.

His mind went in circles as he recalled the events of the last decade of his life. He must have done something to cause this. And if he had, perhaps there was something he could do to reverse it.

Draco looked through the book he'd purloined from his family's library once again. He couldn't be the only anomaly in a thousand years of family history. Flipping back to the front of the book, Draco peered at the cramped handwriting.

Armand Malfoy b. 1000 A.D. Alpha m. Margot Brunelle (Alpha) in 1037

The next several lines were similar and Draco flipped forward a few hundred years.

Nicholas Malfoy b. 1303 A.D. Alpha m. Esmae Watson (Beta) in 1347

Draco trailed his finger down the list, all Alphas, every single Malfoy born into the family. He flipped forward a few more centuries.

Lucius Malfoy b. 1537 A.D. Alpha m. Eleanor Leventhorpe (Alpha) in 1574

Not even Malfoy wives were Omegas.

A few more centuries forward and Draco found the first Omega listed in the book.

Septimus Malfoy b. 1722 A.D. Alpha m. Ester Crawley (Omega) in 1758

Of course, it was a wife. None of their children were listed as Omegas, they were almost exclusively Alphas with a Beta thrown in here and there. He shoved the book from him in disgust.

His eyes wandered to the rest of the books on his nightstand. All from his family library and not one of them helpful. Their content only solidified his shame. Each book detailed an account of every Malfoy family member, not a single Malfoy born into the family presented as an Omega. Draco winced at the thought of what his parents would say when they discovered his status. He groaned and picked up the books, intent on seeing if the library held anything about Omegas. Perhaps Ester Crawley had left a diary behind.

The Adjustmentजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें