Chapter 20: Strange Frequencies

++++++

When Scott and Stiles got to Scott's house after dealing with Josh's body at the animal clinic with Theo, they didn't spare a moment going up to his room where they found Liam anxiously pacing around and his face filled with regret at the sight of them.

"Where is she?" Scott quickly asked Liam. 

He simply pointed to the bathroom.

"She knows what's going on?" Stiles asked.

Liam ran his hand frustratingly through his hair as he let out a heated sigh. "I tried to tell her but she doesn't want to believe me," he muttered impatiently. Stiles couldn't resist a snort. "Oh, and you were so ready and willing to listen when we tried to explain everything to you," he scoffed.

Liam froze as he let himself remember what happened back when he was first bitten. He looked over at Scott who apparently agreed. "Alright, fine, you have a point," he surrendered. "Now, can you help her, please?" Liam said, sounding kind of desperate. Scott and Stiles shared a look. They then gave Liam a nod. 

Scott moved and gently gave a small knock on his door. "Hayden? It's Scott," he said in a clam, assuring tone. "I know that you're scared, but we just want to help." There was no response. Scott pressed his ear closer to the door and backed away after a moment. "I can hear her heart beating. She's really freaked out. What happened?"

"She was okay when we got here. I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in." "Why?" "I don't know." "She's definitely a Chimera?" Liam quickly nodded. "She said she heard a voice saying, 'Your condition improves'." 

"Okay, that's unsettling." Stiles said as he pushed his way to the door and gave it a knock. "Hayden, it's Stiles. Your sister works for my dad down at the station. Look, just open the door, okay? You can trust us."

But there was no sign that Hayden would open the door. Stiles stepped away and sighed. He looked over at Scott who had his phone out and was texting away on it.

"Who are you texting?" Stiles asked him.

Scott looked up at him and Liam as they awaited his answer.

"Someone who can easily persuade her to listen to us."

++++++

Hayden paced back and forth in the small bathroom. She couldn't believe this was happening to her right now. She jumped when she heard the sound of the bathroom's window opening. She backs up until her back hits the wall. She begins to breathe heavily when she sees a hand clutch the window pane. A head popped up and Hayden lets out a scream.

"You're Hayden, right?" 

Hayden nodded as the teenage girl climbs through the window and jumps into the bathroom. The girl stands up straight and gives Hayden a kind smile. "I'm Luna," she tells her, holding her hand out for a shake. Hayden simply eyes her hand. Luna lowers her hand back down at her side. "You don't have to shake my hand. I totally get it." "You do?" Hayden squeaks out.

Luna nodded. "Oh yeah. Stranger danger," she waves her hand around before sitting down on the edge of Scott's bathtub. "I'm not really a stranger...I'm Scott's girlfriend." Hayden nodded as she faintly recalls seeing her and Scott walking down the hallway together, holding hands and looking all loved up with the other.

"Um...why are you here?"

"Oh, according to the three idiots out there...you're a werewolf?" 

"Did she just call us idiots?" Liam muttered to Scott. "Wait, what? Who called us idiots?" Stiles questioned the two werewolves. "Luna," Scott told him.