Chapter 90 [Fright in the Middle of the Night]

Start from the beginning

Long Tianhao's comments brought tears to many retired soldiers who had come back in the capital.

Back then they had fought valiantly on the battlegrounds.

Some had missed their old mothers' passing, while some old mothers had to suffer from the loss of their sons.

There was even one soldier whose entire family of over ten members caught the pestilence going around back home and were so severely ill that they could not get out of bed.

At that time, he was only a file miles away from home. However, for the sake of protecting and defending his nation, he missed saying goodbye to the people dearest to him.

Presently, the father and the son of the Lins were by the borders fighting. It must be a trying time for them.

It looked like the Dajin Crown Prince was going to use the future daughter-in-law of the Lins to achieve a marriage for convenience for his benefit. Such a move precisely shattered the morale of the soldiers!

Immediately, a few important government officials looked at the Crown Prince with disapproving eyes with a hint of rebuke.

The Crown Prince suddenly realized that he had said something wrong!

Yueting held on tightly to Lin Mengya's hand and her face was totally drained of colors from fear.

Her life had always been so simple and smooth-sailing until now.

It consisted of waiting patiently for her lover, who was the handsome and valiant young general, to return on a horse to take her as his wife.

Never would she have imagined that the second prince of the western vassal state would have his eyes on her. She was so scared that her soul left her.

"Ya'er, Ya'er, what should I do?"

Lin Mengya patted her trembling hands and gently comforted her, saying,

"Don't worry, as long as I'm here, no one can make you accept this marriage for convenience."

Yueqi was as lost as her elder sister. Her big round eyes were filled with tears by this time.

Why would her poor thing sister meet with such a thing?

"Let's discuss this another time. The Crown Prince was just negligent, there's no need to blow this up, Prince Yu."

Finally, it was the Queen who stepped out to diffuse the tensed atmosphere.

She cursed under her breath and secretly rebuked her son in her heart.

From the moment the Crown Prince blurted out that foolish statement, the Queen could feel a rising exasperation.

What a useless thing! Even after nurturing him personally for the last twenty years, was this the best he could do?

The basis for the nation's stability lies in the soldier's guarding and fighting at its borders.

In the past, their forefathers had built up the nation of Dajin by relying on the power of their army. It was through this that they were able to overthrow the previous dynasty.

If they were to disappoint and demoralize the soldiers in the army, would it not be equivalent to ruining their nation's future destiny?

Although the Crown Prince was not willing to give in, he did not dare to argue further.

"It's alright, we'll let this go. Nanlu was not sensible enough. Rest Assure, Princess Yu, the people of the western vassal state would never do such thing as to take other people's wives and children by force."