Pub Chatter 5th Edition - December 29, 2019

Start from the beginning

And I hope that each and every Pubber has a wonderful, safe, healthy and prosperous 2020 and that your dreams and wishes become a part of your everyday lives.

Thank you one and all, from the bottom of my heart and I raise a glass (or mug) to each and every member of our family. For if nothing else, we are all family.

Happy New Year.

**************************************

A New Year's Message from Myna

I think my favorite thing about the New Year is the sense of renewal, of new beginnings. It is the time of year we not only look back, but we look forward. We take the time to reevaluate our lives, see where we might make changes for the better and even try and commit to making those changes. Many times, those commitments fall to the wayside, but I put merit in the idea that we at least try to make things better. My wish for all of you this New Year, is that you will find a way to make your life better, happier, more fulfilling. I hope you wake up on January 1, 2020 with a renewed sense of hope and an eagerness to make 2020 the best year of your life.

Bill and I have looked back and now we are looking forward. We believe we have some great ideas to make 2020 the best year for the Pub. We have many new plans and we are going to do our best to bring those ideas to life for all of you.

I would love to be able to thank each of you individually for your enthusiasm and encouragement, you all, are the heart and soul of the Pub. Thank you for making 2019 the best year for the Pub....so far!! Cheers to all of you wonderful Pubbers!! I wish you all a very Happy New Year, filled with blessings for you and your families!!

Happy New Year!!! To one and all!!

FEATURED POEM

A Changing of the Guard
By lyttlejoe

Father Time consulted his watch
An expensive Patek Philippe
The hour he awaited would soon arrive
And he watched the minute hand creep

As the calendar moved from nineteen to twenty
He felt the past year in his bones
And he re-checked his announcement bells
For any dissonant tones

Where was the young replacement
By now he should have been here
It would be unconscionable
To have him do another year

The minute hand shifted
It was only seconds before his time would end
He couldn't just ring his bell and walk away
What kind of message would that send

Wait! I see him now
His twenty-twenty banner and his cone shaped hat
No wonder he was almost late
With all that baby fat

He showed little New Year his ticking watch
Only seconds left to go
The past was slipping from his sight
There was so much new to know