Pub Chatter 5th Edition - December 29, 2019

New Years Message from Bill

I remember way back in 1999, thinking to myself, 'Wow! Here we go into a new century.'

Now, here we are, about to enter the 2nd decade of the new century.

As I have said many times before, when I started the Poets Pub, I never expected it to last through the first year, let alone still be around as a new decade looms over us. But, as the past year has shown me, the Pub is still around, and as strong as ever. Even though many of those who were here in the beginning have not passed through our doors for a while, we are fortunate enough to have many new people continue to visit our establishment and keep the flames of inspiration lit.

2019 was a great year for the Poets Pub and I am more than confident that 2020 will be an even more exciting year. Mystres Myna and myself have lots of new ideas for the new year and hopefully, with help from our amazing family of poets, we will be able to incorporate those new ideas and make the Poets Pub an even better success than it already is.

A re-entry into the social media scene, with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram should expand our presence beyond the walls of Wattpad and hopefully introduce us to a new audience of Poets. Sona and Myna have decided that the Poets Pub should step out of the dark ages and enter the light of social media.

New ideas and directions for our monthly challenges are coming up as well as a new approach to our poem a week challenge.

A renewed emphasis to introducing new poetry styles and a mentoring system are in the works. We are even looking at a system of critiquing poetry, if a member so desires.

An updated 'Behind the Bar', is in the works as is a revamping of the 6th edition of the 'Chatter'.

A new addition to our editorial family is in the works for the Pub and some new directions for our sister sites is in the works.

Myna and I will be working diligently to assure that the Poets Pub stays fresh and interesting and that the legacy we are creating will continue on.

All in all, 2020 is shaping up to be an exciting year for the Poets Pub.

On a more personal note, I want to thank each and every Pubber for our most exciting year so far and I hope that the same excitement, encouragement and inspiration is carried into the New Year.