Pub Chatter 5th Edition - September 22, 2019

As we enter into the third week of our Biggest Competition Ever, I just want to say

As we enter into the third week of our Biggest Competition Ever, I just want to say ...

WOW!!!!!

The response has been absolutely fantastic and it is so nice to see that mix of veteran Pubbers and new Pubbers competing. The quality of the poems this year is absolutely exceptional, which is making the judging a real task. But, keep up the good work. Make it as hard as possible.

I just want to remind all Pubbers of a few things with reference to the BCE.

#1 ... Please read the rules for each week's competition very carefully. Be sure you are within any word, line or stanza restrictions, as stipulated by the rules. With the BCE and the upcoming Poet of the Year contest, it is the responsibility of the Poet to be sure his/her poem meets the criteria for the week's challenge. We will post poems as we receive them, but if they are not within the guidelines they will be disqualified.

#2 ... Be sure to respond to all comments made on your Poem. This is a must for all entries. Failure to answer all comments could be the difference in your placing in the top 3 each week and not placing at all. Points will be deducted for any unanswered comments.

This years BCE will recognized 5 Poems each week. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place poems will receive 5-4-3 points respectively and 2 honourable mentions will also receive 1 point each.

Missing comments could drop you from a 1st place finish to a honourable mention, which could affect your placing for the week and the BCE.

#3 ... Be a complete part of the competition. Check out the other Pubber entries and show them your support. This is not mandatory, but it is a huge part of what the Pub is.

This is our biggest competition of the year and is a lead in to the Poet of the Year contest which will start a couple weeks after the end of the BCE. Show what it means to be a Pubber and share the inspiration and support that the Pub is famous for.

Believe me when I say our judges had a really, really hard time choosing winners!! The quality of the poems for this contest have been just AMAZING!!!  Thank you EVERYONE!!

The quality of the poems for this contest have been just AMAZING!!!  Thank you EVERYONE!!