ten

Chapter 10:

Autumn's POV:

I was very confused after the conversation I just had with Ruel. I knew he was lying because something obviously was bothering him. I just don't know why he would lie to me like that. I decided that I was just going to forget about it and think about tonight. I'm not going to let it ruin my night.

I walked downstairs to see all the boys in the kitchen talking, Ruel still didn't look happy. This time he was staring at Finn but not a nice stare, more like a death stare. What was his problem, Finn hasn't done anything to him, has he?

I smile as I walk down them. Ruel kind of half-smiled at me but the instantly stopped when he realized, he was. It kind of threw me off a bit but I had to remember I was going to ignore his saltiness and move on.

Finn looks at me with a bright smile on his face which makes me feel very welcome.

"We're going in the uber with Lachie and Ruel, it's going to be here any minute now." I nod looking at Ruel who refuses to look at me still.

"Looks like it just got here let's go!" Lachie said while leading us all outside and locking the door behind us. Mum and Dad should be getting home tonight anyways so the door will be open when we get home, so we don't need a key to get back home. We all hop into the car. Lachie hops into the front. Just to my luck I was seated in the middle in the back between Ruel and Finn. I was honestly mad at Ruel for being rude to me and not even giving me an explanation. I needed him to talk to me again!

Ruel's POV:

I feel Autumn kick my leg gently.

"Sorry." She whispers. Lachie and Finn were talking so they wouldn't be able to hear what she said. She looked down and I could tell she was either sad because I wasn't telling her what was wrong or mad. I was kind of feeling bad now. Maybe being angry at her wasn't the best idea. Plus, I needed to keep an eye on her tonight just in case something bad happens at the party. I decided I couldn't be mad at her anymore. I will just ask her why she played me. I would take her away from the party as soon as we get there, so I won't let it ruin hers or my night.

We all arrived at Lachie paid the Uber driver, we got out of the car and walk to the front door. I walk next to Autumn as we enter. We didn't need to knock or anything because no one would even ear us over the ear-blasting music that was playing, what sounded like, over 4 massive speakers. We all go in. imminently; Autumn and Finn are already gone. I look around to see if I could find Autumn, I really needed to talk to her. I could see everyone because I was so tall. I was scanning my eyes around the house until someone bumped into me. It was Mia. I really dislike Mia. Ever since I moved here, she's always been up in my business and trying to talk to me 24/7. It has gotten to the point where whenever I'm and school and I see her, I have to run and hide before she sees me! I was dreading talking to her. I really didn't have the time to chat with her I needed to fine Autumn, urgently!

"Ruel! Fancy seeing you here!" she said it as if she didn't mean to bump into me. Ugh, I hated her.

"Mia, you too. Look I'm sorry but I really have to get going now." I tried to walk away as fast as I could. I managed to make it down into the hallway which was where the kitchen was. I spotted Autumn and Finn getting some drinks. I was about to walk up to her until someone yanked my arms and pushed me against the wall. It was Mia, she was very drunk. Although I have a feeling, she would have still done this is she was sober. I try to get out of her very firm grip but she was twisting my wrists so I wouldn't move. It worked I couldn't move a bone in my body without her twisting tighter and tighter around my wrists.

"Mia, stop," I said between the pain. She looked me in the eye with a sly smirk on her face. That smirk honestly frightened me. I looked over to Autumn she was over with Finn still and they were both still drinking. I wanted to go over to her and stop her from drinking any more. From what I saw she's had about 3 shots already and we've only been here for about 15 minutes! I had to get through Mia first. She was still smirking at me like she was plotting something right at this very moment. She nods her head randomly and finally speaks.

"Kiss me." I look at her in disgust.

"What?" I say.

"You heard what I said, kiss me and ill let you go." I roll my eyes.

"Not going to happen- "right as I finished my sentence, she kissed me. I kept my mouth shut and didn't let her actually kiss me. She stayed there for a couple of seconds until she lost my grip and I pushed her off me. I decided to go outside and find Holly a little later. I couldn't bare seeing Mia again. It took me a while to get outside because there were so many people, I had to get through just to get to the front door. I finally made it to the door for what seemed like forever. I grabbed a beer on my way out. I opened the door and shut it behind me. I looked around to see Autumn sitting in the middle of the front lawn. She was sitting with her legs crossed and her head down in her hands. There was no one else out here so I wondered why she was out here all alone. I went and quietly sat next to her. When she heard me sit down, he looked up and me. She had red, glassy eyes. I felt really bad all of a sudden.

"Autumn? What's wrong, is everything ok?" she looked up at me then back down at the ground.

"I'm alright." I shake my head; she still was looking at the ground.

"No, you're not." She finally looks at me. Tears streaming down her face. She looks me in the eyes. I gently touch her cheek, wiping her tears away. I take my hand away and she finally speaks.

"Ok, I'm not alright." She takes a shaky deep breath out.