Chapter 12

Paul smiled. "That's what I like to hear."

Tom smiled a little.. for some reason, it made him happy to know hw pleased paul in somw way.. He shook his head, quickly snapping back into serious mode. "How do I find Matt and Milly?" He asked, looking at the door.

"About that. I won't be able to come with you. For obvious reasons, red leader isn't allowed to know I was the one that helped you, understand?"

Tom nodded, looking down.. it would make sense that way.. "If I'm caught..?" He asked, his stomach flipping at the idea.

"I doubt Red Leader will kill you... however, your leash will be pulled tight. I doubt hell let you out of sight for a long time."

Tom bit his lip, thinking back to when he was in the building with Tord.. when he put that... thing on his face.. Would Paul know about it..?

"I... mind control.. is that what Tord is working towords..?" He asked quietly..

Paul didn't say anything.. he was hard to read. Stoic. If he was hiding somthing, there wouldn't be a way for anyone to tell.

"I'm not clear on the individual details on what exactly he intended to do with the visor. His mind is a mystery, the way it works is somthing not even the closest to him understand.."

Tom bit his lip.. there was somthing wrong here... if Tord wanted to experiment on him, make him feel the pain, why would he try and take his memories... he had said.. somthing about using him to kill..

That and Tord had told him he needed him, all of the touching.. the misleading, the lies..

Tom couldn't keep up, this place, it was messing with his brain..

Paul's version of it didn't match up to what he had heard from the mouth of the demon himself.. did that mean the man in front of him was lying?

Yet.. Tom couldn't possibly imagine Tords right hand man would fuck up somthing as big as this.. especially if it was intended to gain toms trust.. perhaps.. Paul had been given false information to from cover for a bigger plan.. one not even the right hand man was allowed in on.

Tom looked up at him, thinking.. he didn't have much of a choice in this.. Paul had been blocking the door since he had tried to leave the first time, it was a subtle dig, but it was clear to him that he wouldn't be leaving without doing what he was told..

He chewed at the inside of his cheek. Time was ticking by..

"Okay... tell me what to do.."

Paul leaned against the door, smiling. "First, I need you to figure out how to navigate. This place is purposely built like a maze, this stops spys or prisoners like yourself from being able to navigate. Only proven soldiers get the map. See, the walls move periodically. They shift, hallways change. Directions are useless. Paul pulled a tablet from his pocket. "You have twenty minutes before they change again, then, unfortunately youre on your own." He said, handing it to Tom.

It was a map, one Paul had been kind enough to put a little 'You are here' sticker on. Currently, they were in some sort of storage position.

"The little girl is being kept in the hospital wing. Your friend in the prison."

Tom looked at the map, finding each place.. And then locating the exit, a cold sweat forming. "B-but this says-"

"You'll have to choose."

"There's no way! I can't!!" Tom argued, eyes wide.

The medical wing and prision section were on opposite sides of the base, the exit way to far from either of the areas to be able to break both out saftley with the time limit given.