Before the rebirth 2

Start from the beginning

Starfire simply laughed. "I already know of your plan, boss. There is no need to keep up the facade~" she smiled and he looked at her with a frown, his eyes trying to see through her playful nature. "Do you doubt me? You know, I heard it from your computer," she continued as she pulled out a device and some voices were heard. One of the voices greatly resembled the man sitting before her.

¬It seems Mystic S is starting to get out of our control. She has been progressing in such leaps and bounds that it is impossible to think she was once that weak little girl we took¬

¬Indeed... More organisations are laying their eyes on her and it won't be long before they decide to recruit her instead of trying to assassinate her¬

¬Perharps we should try to break her and make her more loyal to us as we did before-¬

¬No. Torture doesn't work on her anymore, have you forgotten?¬

¬Then what shall we do, boss?¬

¬... Kill her¬

¬What?!¬ 

¬It's the best way to tie loose ends. She never had a warm relationship with us anyway, it would be a matter of time before she gains the power to seek revenge on us also. We shall terminate her before she has that chance. After all, we can always get new girls to train if we need more... employees.¬

¬... Alright, sir. When shall we do it then?¬

¬Just leave it to me. Just call her in a few minutes to come here. I will take care of her myself and she won't suspect a thing¬

¬Alright boss¬

She stopped the device and sighed theatrically as she leaned closer to him as if pitying him for his carelessness. "You really should be more careful. You should know hackers can easily get a hold of your plan if you don't secure it better, right?"

The boss looked at her in rage and then suddenly smirked as he pointed a gun at her head, "Well since you know, I will just have to kill you now before you can do anything about it."

She smiled and whistled in a playful tone. "Do you think I would come here without any plan even after knowing your plans?" she asked playfully and he scoffed.

"It was less than an hour ago that you knew about my plan and I have a gun to your head. What could you possibly do now?" 

"Well..." she drawled out, "As of now I have already planted a little over a hundred bombs in this building and all your other organisations. I also took down your security system so no one will come to your aid," she continued as she tapped her fingers on the desk in a calm manner as if she were just reading a list that had nothing to do with her. The boss' face kept crinkling in rage the more she spoke but he surprisingly didn't pull the trigger of the gun in his hand or interrupt her.

She suddenly stopped tapping as she gasped as if she just forgot an important detail. " Oh! And after the bomb explodes, all your dirty deals will be revealed to the public via the most popular news stations!"

Her last sentence seemed to have tipped his rage as he finally spoke but tried to feign a relaxed tone like he was still in charge, "You almost made me worried. Ha... You seem to have forgotten one small detail though. I have a gun to your head," he smirked, gesturing to the gun with a tilt of his head. "I guess your plan wasn't that flawless huh?" he let out a laugh but stopped when Starfire scoffed instead, annoyed that he thought she couldn't think that far.

"Oh please, who do you think I am? I already programmed it to be automatically done. I don't need to activate anything manually," she said before smiling again, "Also, the bomb will go off in 15 seconds~"

Fear flashed through his eyes at her words before he furrowed his brow in confusion, "But that would mean you were prepared to die from the beginning. You never even planned to escape..." he trailed off as realisation filled his eyes.

"Yeah," she replied, twirling a pen in her hand. "Life was getting boring anyway since there is nothing to challenge me." She shrugged and he let out a defeated laugh. She simply smiled before patting his head.

"Times up."

Boom!

A loud explosion was heard as the whole building collapsed.

At the same time, the secret dealings of the ITY companies were all over the news, and so was the news of how all of ITY's buildings were bombed. Every. Single. One. 

[Meanwhile, somewhere still far away]

"Oh Starfire," the stranger drawled, twirling a familiar-looking pen. "You always like taking things into your own hands, don't you? Hmm... I wonder if I should help you this time."

"I think you should help, Master," The enchanting lady advised but the stranger dismissed it.

"I am sure she will be fine," the voice said before letting out a hearty laugh. "Hasn't she always managed to take care of herself, hmm?"

"But Master... what will Head say if something happens to her?" The lady asked, furrowing her brows in concern. Even with her furrowed brows and concerned frown, she still looked every bit as enchanting as before. It was a shame though... her charms were of no effect on the stranger. 

"I am sure she will be taken by 'IT' before anything happens to her soul," the stranger said calmly and let out a smirk. "After all, her soul is extremely... precious."

"But what if it's too late?" The lady asked still concerned. "Starfire is important to Head... and Head can be very dangerous when angry."

"Then I am sure that Head will go through heaven and hell to make sure nothing happens to her," the stranger said with a shrug, clearly not bothered at the events happening. The stranger let out a hearty laugh and continued, " After all, Head won't want the precious Starfire to burn in hell for all eternity to pay for all her sins."

"But-" 

"You do not need to worry about that. Won't you listen to the words of your master, or is Head more important than your own direct master?" The stranger asked with slight annoyance

"You are my master..." she answered before muttering under her breath, " but Head is OUR master."

The stranger may or may not have heard what she muttered. Either way, the stranger didn't react to the lady's words and just continued gazing in the direction of the explosion.