Chapter Ten

Hurrying to the shop he found Jin hard at work. Jin looked up and hurried around the desk to greet him, shaking his hand. "Nice to see that your back."

Andrew shook his hand, although wasn't sure why he was on such friendly terms with the man. After all, he was helping Gwen manipulate him...on X'heve's orders he remembered. What was the point in taking it out on him? He was just following orders, just like he was. "I am back for now. I am on limited time."

Jin nodded, "Where are you off to?" He asked curiously.

Andrew shook his head, "Not to be disclosed."

"Very well. X'heve has his own plans I suppose. I won't inquire further. What are you going to do about your family?" Jin asked.

He looked at the demon wondering why he would care. "I will visit when I can, however it will be for brief periods. They will have to move on without me." Andrew paused looking at Jin, suddenly he felt a kinship with him he hadn't felt before. "X'heve has promised to protect them while I am following through with his request. Although, I would feel a bit better if you could check on them every now and again." He sighed, "In reality I just want someone to keep an eye on Gwen."

Jin chuckled a little, "I could probably do that. She is a crazy one for sure. I am surprised you put up with her for as long as you have."

He clenched his fists in frustration, "I should have left her when I had the chance. No matter, once the kids are grown, I have no plans on letting her have her wish. I am going to kill her." He stated clearly.

"Are you going to be able to kill the mother of your children?" Jin asked curiously.

Andrew laughed a little, "If my hatred is still burning like this when the time comes, I guarantee I will make her wish for death."

"You think you will still hate her in years to come?"

"Something tells me my hatred will only grow as the years pass." He thought about Diane and how she reminded him already of Gwen. It was going to be a long eighteen years, or however long it was going to take for the child to grow up enough for X'heve to change her. He wasn't exactly given a timetable on that, then again, he was sure X'heve wasn't going to wait for the child to be old either. Although, he was hopeful that if the child grew up strong enough, he wouldn't have to deal with Diane longer than he needed to.

Jin nodded, "Understood. Are you sure X'heve won't fulfill his promise of changing her?"

Andrew nodded, "I am confident he doesn't care what I decide to do with her when the kids are grown." Looking around the shop it was strange being there after the few months away. It felt like a different lifetime, and something he was no longer a part of.

His friend walked back around the desk and sat back down, signaling for Andrew to sit down across from him. Andrew chose to continue standing. "I wanted to check out the docks before I get too comfortable."

"Very well. Would you like for me to join you? I could stretch my legs a bit." He stood back up and walked around, "I have to admit I am not used to, or cut out for, simply sitting around for hours at a time. I don't know how you did it for as long as you did. I have been sitting here for a couple of hours and I am already getting a headache." He laughed.

Andrew gave him a little laugh, "It was something I was used to. Now that I have been moving around a lot, I can understand your frustration." He started to head towards the front door and stopped and turned back around. "I don't think I ever showed you were the safe was."

"Safe?" Jin asked curiously.

The walk to his father's room was nostalgic. Opening the door, he quickly moved the bed like it was nothing, reached down slid the paneling away, and then pulled the safe out. This time he pulled the safe completely out and placed it on the bed. With his sense of smell as keen as it was now, he could smell his father still in the room. The bed he used to sleep in. Normally thinking of his father would bring a bit of heartache, now there was nothing. It was a distant memory that no longer had much feeling to it. Opening the safe he pulled out some documents that he had been keeping. "The deed to the shop is in there if you need it, along with the deed to the house, and a deed to a home in some town to the north. My father bought it before he passed away for us to move to."