Chapter 6

The next day, Chris had been home from school for a few minutes and was enjoying the weekend already. Peter was spending some quality time with his aunt, so she was spending some quality time with her phone. 

Chris was lounging on the chair in the common room, phone in hand, bobbing her head and singing along to the music she had asked Friday to play.

She was startled by a gasp from the doorway. Chris looked up, only to find Peter Quill standing there, his shock slowly morphing into glee.

"That's Mr. Blue Sky." he stated.

"Yeah, why?"

You like it."

"Yeah, why?"

"You know all the words."

"Yeah, I know who made it and all. Is there a point to this?" Chris demanded, exasperated. 

"I love this music!" Quill practically squealed.

"Wait, seriously?" she asked.

"Yeah! Before my mom died, she gave me two tapes of her favourite songs. They also became my favourites. That song is on the second tape."

"You know you probably love it so much because of its sentimental value."

"Huh?" Peter asked, confused. He walked to the couch and sat beside Chris who moved her feet. 

"You want to like something they did, it gives you something for you to connect with them. Like, my Dad loved a song called 'Father and Son' and he told me once, not long before he died, that when I was younger I hated it. Well, after he died, I listened to it, and I've come to love it, most probably because of the emotional attachment." Peter stared at Chris in wonder throughout her speech. "There is always the chance you would have liked the songs even if your mother never got ill, but you sort of forced yourself to love it subconsciously because of your mothers influence and death."

"I-I never thought of it that way."

"Not many people do. I'm just a little insightful."

"A little? I'd say a lot!"

"You give me too much credit." Chris claimed, a light blush colouring her cheeks.

"Not really. You always put down any accomplishment you make."

"I-um-I-" Chris stuttered, blush brightening significantly. "What other songs do you like?" she finally settled on. 

Peter shot her a knowing look at her not-so-subtle change of subject, but let it happen. "Oh, I like loads. 'Oh-Oh Child', 'I Want You Back', 'Hooked on a Feeling', 'My Sweet Lord' and 'Southern Nights', just to name a few."

"Ooh, I know a few of those! Friday, play the songs Peter just mentioned, would you?"

"Of course, Boss girl."

"Thanks, Baby girl."

The beginning bars of 'Oh-Oh Child' flowed over the speakers as the two stood.

About ten minutes later, Chris spotted Tony stood in the doorway, soft smile covering his lips as he watched his boyfriend and god-daughter dance together.

"Tony!" Chris called to him, bringing Peter's attention to the man. "Come on, dance with us!" she squealed in joy as Peter spun her and dipped her along to the music.

"I think I'm okay over here, thanks." he replied, laughter lacing his tone. 

"No! You are not!" she chastised. 

"Come on Tony, join us!" Peter joined Chris' encouragements. 

"Nah."

The two on the dance floor turned to each other, nodded and headed towards the man in the doorway. 

"What are you doing?" Tony questioned them warily. 

They stayed silent, progressing on him.

"Umm... ack!" Tony was grabbed by each arm and dragged by Chris and Peter back to the floor they had cleared. 

"You will join us." Chris spoke with complete certainty.

"But I don't want to!" the man whined.

"Does it look like I give a flying fuck." Chris stated, turning to face her godfather, one eyebrow raised, completely unimpressed.

"No..."

"Do you really think your whinging will prevent me from doing what I want?"

"No..."

"Great. Glad we're on the same page. Now come on! Have some fun!"

With a reluctant sigh, Tony started to dance along to the music, earning a delighted squeal from the teen in front of him. 

They danced on into the night, simply enjoying the company of one another.

A/N: Hello! I have returned! And I'm also loving the laptop hehe. So, I'll update when I can but with my workload I'm not sure how regular that'll be but I promise I'll try my hardest! Thank you so much for waiting this long and I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I'm just kinda easing myself back into writing after not having done any for so long. Anyway, I hope you liked this little bit and I should be able to update again before college starts back up on the 6th Jan. Please rate and review, it helps me improve on my writing and I love to hear what people think of my ideas. Love you! 

~RubyRedGirl03 xx