Chapter 5

One week and four days later. First period - English.

"Okay, guys!" The perky Susan Bones (yes I plucked that name straight from Harry Potter) quickly got everyone's attention. "I am setting you an assignment! You are to either make a news report or a newspaper article on a subject of your choice. It had to be completely factual and at least two minutes or a page long. It is due in three weeks time."

"Shotgun!" Chris and Peter shouted in unison, staring each other down.

"Wait, which one do you actually want to do?" Chris asked curiously.

"I have no idea," Peter complained. "You?"

Chris sighed. "Same. They're both really good stories."

"Hmm." Was her only response.

"Wait!" Chris started, eyes lighting up. "What if we pair up! Do one of them as a news article and one as a news report!"

"Would we be allowed to do that?" Peter asked hesitantly.

"Come on, let's ask!" She rushed to the front desk, dragging Peter behind her to the front desk. "Hey, Miss Susan?" She sweetly got the teachers attention.

"Of course." Peter mumbled under his breath, rolling his eyes.

"Yes, Chris?" The teacher responded.

"Well, Peter and I have run into a bit of a problem. We both have the opportunity to do two amazing articles but we want to do both of them. We were just wondering if we could do it together? We will do two articles, one newspaper, and one reporting. We both just really want to grab every opportunity possible."

"Well... I don't see why not, as long as you're both happy working together."

"Oh, thank you miss!" Chris squealed, bright smile accentuating her face. "We won't let you down!" She turned back to Peter. "Now, I think we should do the Civil War as the report. We have a lot of footage from it whereas we don't have any for the Guardians." They returned to their seats to begin planning. "Of course we'll need Tony's consent to show evidence of Siberia. I can try begging but it's a pretty touchy subject."

Three weeks later they handed in their projects. Any projects were to be shown in class and articles were to line the walls.

Theirs was first to be shown.

They explained the origins of each Avenger. They described battles. They described the fallout. They read out sections of the Sokovia Accords. They explained the 'Civil War'. They told them about what happened in Siberia. Then they got interviews from the current Avengers. And for all the information, they had pictures and videos to back it up.

It ended up taking over three hours, or four lessons. In the end, they got an A*.

They also got their paper about the Guardians back. C with a note:- very organised but remember how I said factual? Very good imagination, though.'

Next English lesson, the two walked into class, the Guardians of the Galaxy on their heels, except Groot, who had perched himself on Chris' shoulder, and Rocket, who strutted along in front of Peter.

"Miss!" Chris called. "Here's your proof!" A stunned silence fell across the class as they walked in.

Then Tony walked in behind them and mouths started dropping. "Chris, can I take them home now?"

"I am Groot!" Groot squeaked.

"Groot wants to stay with me all day."

"If Groots staying, so am I." Rocket proclaimed.