IX. A Date?

"There's no way! Hey! You can't do that!" Blue shouts as billy is clearly in the lead

"There's no way! Hey! You can't do that!" Blue shouts as billy is clearly in the lead. Freddy struggles to defeat Billy's game character as he speeds his way through the game.

"Done! Finished him!" Billy cheers. "That was unfair! Blue, tell him it was unfair." Freddy complains, turning around to face the girl.

"Seemed pretty fair to me, Freeman." She jokes. "Here. Let me try." She says, moving billy out of his seat. "I thought you said you've never played a video games?" Freddy asks. "Yeah. So go easy, okay?" Blue asks.

"Sure. You're lucky you're not playing against Eugene." Freddy states, starting the game. "Why is that?" She asks, beginning to carefully move her controller. "Cause he'd beat anyone in the matter of seco-" Freddy pauses for a moment, shocked that his character is somehow dead.

"How did you- what?" He questions. Blue chuckles. "I may have lied when I said I don't play video games. Something happens to you when you live with two brothers."

"You're really good. We should play some more. Eugene's got a ton of games." Freddy exclaims. "I'll think about it." She beams.

"A lair?" The woman asks, a look of confusion spread across her face. "Yes. And, obviously we will have to be making this purchase anonymously." Freddy replies.

"Obviously." The woman scoffs. Blue struggles to hold in her laughs. "And Um.. if you have a location like on a cliff... like a castle-esque type thing..." He trails off.

"Very large cliff, so I can jump off." Blue adds casually. "Like over the water.." Billy joins in. "Like a waterfall..."

"Yeah! A waterfall!" Freddy exclaims. "Look, maximum volage, is it?" She asks. "You can call me max." He winks. "No! It's actually ElectroLoser." Blue cuts in.

"Look, ElectroLoser.." She begins. "No it's not.. nevermind." Billy sighs, leaning back in his seat. "Maybe you should start with how many bedrooms you want."

"One."

"Seven."

"Fifty five."

They all state at the same time.
"One? Fifty five?" Freddy questions, looking to Billy and Blue. "Gotta admit. Fifty five would be pretty cool, though." She shrugs.

"What? Am I running a foster home, now?" Billy asks. The woman sighs, closing the book as it's clear that this won't work out.

"Thank you for your time, ma'am. I'll escort these dumbasses out." She chuckles, taking Freddy's hand, and leading the two of them out.

"Oh, Freddy. You can have your hat back now." She smiles, pulling it off of her head. "Are you sure? I really don't mind."

"No, no. It's cuter on you." She says kindly, placing the hat back on his head. Freddy's lip twitches for a moment as he looks to her in awe. "Am I really that much of a sight, Freeman?" She chuckles.

"So, you really think you're gonna go back to being mean after this?" He asks. "Maybe. We'll just have to find out." She smirks.

"I'm exhausted." Billy butts in. "It's 3:00PM." Blue states, squinting her eyes at him. "Yeah? And? I'm tired. I'm going back home. You guys coming?" He asks.

Freddy and Blue share a look, then shake their heads. "We'll stay here and get lunch." Blue says. "Alright. Just one moment." Billy quickly runs over to Freddy and speeds him to the other side of the street, leaving him dazed.

"I don't know about you, but that sounded like she wants to go on a date!" Billy exclaims quietly. "You really think so?" Freddy smiles. "Yeah, buddy!"

"Alright. What do I do? Do I look okay?" He asks worriedly, now nervous. "Yeah! You look great, dude! It's just a date, relax, act mature."

"Mature. Right." Freddy repeats.

"So, What do you do for fun?" Blue asks as they sit comfortably at a Chinese restaurant. "Taxes." Freddy says in a deep voice. Blue chuckles, shaking her head at his immaturity.

"Real mature, Freddy." He mutters. "Hello. What would you two lovely teenagers like to order?" The waitress asks as she approaches. "Yeah, So I'd like the General Tao tofu with some rice on the side." Blue says with a genuine smile.

"And you?" The woman turns to face Freddy. "I'll just get Miso Soup." He replies. "Coming right up." The waitress makes her way back to the kitchen.

"Tofu, huh?" Freddy asks. "Yeah. I'm vegetarian." She says awkwardly. "Oh, really? Darla's vegan, so she cooks a lot. Her cooking isn't very good, though."

Blue chuckles, taking a sip from her water. It goes awkwardly silent for a few moments, until the waitress arrives with the food.

"Here you go. And here you go." She says with a kind smile, lightly placing the food in front of them. "How's your food?" Freddy asks instantly.

"I don't know. Haven't tried it yet."

"Oh, right." He sighs, taking his spoon and blowing on the soup before sipping it. "Do your bruises still hurt?" Freddy asks. "Yeah. But, it's fine. It's no big deal." Blue sighs.

"Are you gonna tell me how it happened?" He questions. "I said it wasn't any of your business, okay? Please leave me be."

"Sorry."

"It's okay."

"Are you sure you don't wanna come over to stay a little longer?" Freddy asks as the two walk hand in hand, nearing Freddy's home. "I'm alright. Thanks, Freddy. I'll see you at school tomorrow." She smiles weakly. They stop in front of the house, then wave before departing.

"Bye, Blue."

"Bye, Loser."