"It's just-"

"I understand your worries. I could put a secret guard with him." Daniel said for their peace of mind.

"You don't have to trouble yourself." Jared refused.

"It is no trouble. It's for his safety and for both our reassurance." Daniel smiled at the man and held the other one's hand on the table.

The following day, Jamie did not wake up early. His next class would be tomorrow. Basically, he only had classes every other day from 8 am to 4 pm.

Jared supervised the renovations for the new restaurant. There were many things to do like hiring staff and purchasing new equipment and utensils. Luckily, he had Daniel to help with the legalities of the restaurant. He got the business permit and every required paper ready.

They were going to purchase plates and bowls today.

"Do you like that Jamie? Nice choice!" Jared glanced at the particular plate that his nephew was eyeing.

"Yah. It look nice. Sturdy." Jamie examined the ceramic plate.

A salesman came and assisted them.

"We also offer custom printing for ceramics if you want." The salesman offered when he learned that they were going to use it for a restaurant.

"That's great."

Jared pulled out his phone and showed the man a couple of photos.

"Yeah. We can definitely do that. You could email us the design. We will make a sample before we start mass production. It will take time though. I hope you are not rushing." The salesman led them to the seating area.

"Is one month enough of a leeway?" Jared asked.

"Yes. It is more than enough."

Jared and the salesman negotiated about the price. Jared saw that it seemed reasonable so he proceeded with the purchase. Since they were ordering a lot, they got a discount.

They asked to deliver the boxes of plates at a certain date. It would arrive once the renovations were done.

"Where go now, Jar?"

Jamie noticed that the road did not go to the apartment.

"We're shopping." Jared smiled.

"Eh. Save money, Jar. For restaurant."

Jamie also decided to invest his money for the new restaurant. He got a nice income from selling his art works with the help of Daniel. He could now be called a share holder of the restaurant. It was his first investment and he was quite excited.

"Don't worry about saving up. This is my gift for your first day of school. You have to do well and make us proud okay?" Jared looked at the boy before putting his eyes back on the road.

"I do best. Thanks, Jar." Jamie had no choice but to accept.

When the shopping was done, the back seat was filled with bags of clothes, shoes, books, and art materials.

"So much, Jar." Jamie exclaimed when he placed the last shopping bag at the back.

Jared grinned. It wasn't much. Not for him at least. His nephew deserved all the best.

They sat down on the terrace of the restaurant. Jamie watched the clouds and sun setting on the horizon as he waited for their dinner. Suddenly he turned to the man opposite him.

"Jar, I ask question?"

"What is it bud?" Jared placed the glass of lemon-flavored water. His nephew looked serious.