Chapter 24: Phone Call

Start from the beginning

"Thanks" she takes it.

He followed her to the corner where she decided to plug he seated on a nearby bench while she sat on the floor.

Kriinnngggg… Krinnnngggg… The line kept on ringing.

“Dara ya. Here” Bom says standing from behind her, offering her a snack or drink but she signalled her no.

“The subscriber cannot be reached. Please try again later”

“Aish…” She hisses. I guess he’s already asleep? But impossible he always sleeps late...Ohwell, I'll try again tomorrow. She thought, setting the phone to the side and hugs Haeru tightly.

"Where did you get that toy though?" GD asks.

"We won it from an arcade"

"It looks weird"

"No it’s not”

“did you really win it from the arcade or Chaerin just made it”

“Ya…” CL steps in and hits GD with a towel. “Do you think I sew that ugly?”

"Oh right, yours is better"

“Ayooo TT TT you meanies. Haeru is not ugly!” Dara pouted. “To me, it’s unique!"

"…and Very Special"

Huk. Bom slips. AGAIN. Dara quickly glared at her murderously. Bom gulps after realizing what she did, then swiflty walks away. Leaving the three there and that stroppy aura.

"What does she mean by very special?"

"Uhm... Special... You know... If you're unique, you're special... because... you're one of a kind unique" Dara struggles to explain. "That special... Nothing more."

GD look at her intently, he knows her well. He knows something is up and she’s just hiding it.

After 15 minutes break.

"Alright guys announcement" A manager calls out as he takes the center. "Tomorrow you all need to be here"

"Eh~??" Everyone cried, disappointed. "Why?"

"Not for a practice, we need to be here and discuss more details regarding the concert." He says. "I know it was said to be a day off but it's Sajangnim's orders, there's nothing we can do about it."

Although everyone is sadden by the announcement, Dara was sadden by it the most. Guess I won't really see him then?

Suddenly her phone begins chiming in the corner, her eyes widen as she reads the name flashing on the screen.

Calling... Chingu.

"Excuse me" Dara stands up immediately and walks her way.

"Unnie..." CL noted for they're in a middle of an announcement.

"Just a sec" she says, shown in her face the happiness and likely longing. she walks pass by everyone towards the door.

CL tsked, and went back on listening. She no longer bothers to take her back in, for she knows Dara is really wanting to talk to Donghae.

GD leans over to her shoulder and whispers.

“Who is Chingu?”

* * * *

Dara's POV

"Yoboseyo?" I answered the phone. But nothing comes from the other line. "Yoboseyo?"

Still nothing. I walked further away from the door to refrain from being heard. I already reached the end of the hallway, where no one will be around.