And while that amazing song played, too many thoughts raced around my poor skull.

Why was he being nice and NOT brutally murdering me? Why did he help me? Why did he bring me to this library, which I'm only allowed to go to once every other Friday, every other month? And WHY did he hold my hand, when he could have EASILY just SNAPPED his fingers like "snap!" and then "BOOM! We're here, now, kiddo!" WHY COULDN'T HE JUST FRICKIN DO THAT? Not like I had a problem with that or anything. I don't, honest! It's just that...he doesn't seem the type to...like me at first glance.

~~Nightmare's P.OV.~~

I scanned through the isles of books, looking for a certain one.

As I searched, I could feel (Y/n)'s boredom throwing itself all over the walls, as well as her curiosity. What could she possibly be curious about?

Also...how could she be the only human, out of all the ones that I cross paths with, NOT be afraid of me? I didn't even catch a WISP of fear directed from her!

Well...I was her best friend when we were little. She doesn't remember that because of trauma.

She can't possibly remember that. She only remembers that I'm a villain, probably.

And what am I even doing in a library in the first place? Looking for a book.

Why am I not torturing innocents, or making deals with possible recruits? Because I'm bored, have nothing better to do than get a book, and relax like my "friend," Cross, suggested. He told me to stop killing five hundred people per day, and to get a life. Yeah, I grounded him after that. For a month. And...took away his pizza privileges! Ha, he doesn't need to be suggesting things to me when all I want to do is murder everyone while they sleep while they have excruciatingly painful nightmares where they die and die and die and die and die and SO ON.

Speaking of death, what would happen if I killed everyone in this room? What would be (Y/n)'s reaction? Would she hate me like a normal human? Or would she just...nevermind. I don't want to ruin that precious look she always has upon her face--wait OK, that sounded weird, and I want to forget all of it. What is wrong with me? Oh right, a lot of things...

I shook myself out of my thought because I was way too focused on them right now.
In the corner of my eye, I saw this...book. I picked it up, read the title, and opened it.

"You can tell someone is your soulmate if--"

Strange. The rest of the page is torn out. What is it supposed to say? Was it written like that? Maybe I should take this book back with me to the castle and find out. I'll just make sure that none of the others find it, because that would be bad. Really bad.

~~(Y/n)'s P.O.V~~

I layed on the floor, waiting for someone to bore me even more. Which wasn't gonna happen because Nightmare was in front of me, standing with a book in his arm.

"WHAT! You're still here?" Nightmare whisper-yelled.

"What! I was only here for, like, ten minutes!" I snapped.

"...Um...(Y/n)...it's 5:45 pm!"

HOLY WHAT NOW?! It's THAT late? Well, nice to meet ya man, but I GOTTA GO! I quickly got to my feet, ready to legit sprint out the doors like Sonic himself.

"Wait."

I slowly turned my head toward him, still in my still-running pose.
"Y-yeah?" I stammered, twirling my fingers within my hair.

"Why didn't you leave?" He asked. Oh what fun! The question game. AGAIN! Really though, this guy asks a lot of questions. Just like I do!

"Um...I'm lazy?" I replied. He just stared at me, his cyan eye empty with emotion, not replying.
"W-what's that book y-you have there?"

...No reply.

I had to peek at his book. It was in maroon leather casing. In fancy gold lettering, it read:

Soulmates.