CH22. Fail to Remember

Start from the beginning

"Dead? No, he only declared it to cover his trace. After Jungkook's death, he was questioned and he miraculously got out of it. The police was inviting him the next day but he's nowhere to be found. They seem to find criminal acts he committed prior to your best friend's death. It was difficult for them to find him since he has no relatives. His sister was adopted long ago by a family in Gwangju and she has no contact at all. He was literally a man with no connection."

I saw him gritted his teeth, "Fuck you, Shin! What did you do to my mother and sister!? Don't you dare lay a finger to my family!!!"

"Calm down, Mr. Kang, that temper of yours won't help you! If you want to see them then stop and listen to me. Your mom, she's getting worse so I'll bring her to France. She'll undergo treatment there, and your sister Mina will be there. I can't promise anything but my team in France will take care of her until she's back in shape."

I held Jihyo's hands and led her out of Yongma Land, the police and the medical team came to treat Dan's gunshots. He was heavily guarded and as soon as his wounds were dressed, Dan's hands were cuffed.

"Y/N WAE! Why are you doing this? You should kill me!"

"I did you a favor, Dan. Please do me one favor too..." He was silent then I looked back at him, "Stay away from her from now on." Jihyo's grip became harder and tears were forming in her eyes.

"What we did today is a proof that we don't deserve her. We both stained our hands with blood, both violent, both irrational and both harmful. I did this to free Jihyo from you... from me and from everyone" Jihyo frowned as I let go of her hand, "She's not an object bound to anyone, from this day she owns herself." I faced her and wiped her tears, "this freedom is what I am giving her today."

"Y/N?"

"Jihyo or Jisoo... I know you are a good person, you stayed with me while I was sleeping for 3 years and I can't thank you enough for that. Accept this gift of freedom, and from now on, you can do what will make you happy." I bit my lip hard as my words started to stab me, I don't want to lose her, to be honest. But I guess we need to part ways here.

"Y/N... please"

"Go find your path towards real happiness." Those words were I think the best ones for her right now. I held her for the last time, "Thank you, Park Jihyo. It's your turn to be happy." I slowly drag myself away from her, it's time for me to rest my mind and keep all these dramas behind me.

I continued walking though limping and there were people waiting for me in a not so distant road. It's my family, and I just realize the thing I've been searching for so long is the thing I already have. The genuine love starts with family and I am lucky to have them by my side.

Dad hugged me, "That's brave son. I am proud of you"

"Thank you, Dad."

My mom caressed my face "What you did there was dangerous..." and she started to cry, "don't do that again, dear."

Ryujin came and she carefully guided me to the back seat and we made our way to the hospital because of my injuries. I leaned to her shoulder and my tears fell.

"Hurts like hell right?" She told me and I just nodded. My body gave up its strength and fell asleep on that instance.

Tzuyu's POV

When the news broke out we came immediately to Yongma Land. We found ambulances treating the wounded and I saw Jihyo unnie sitting at one of it. I smiled and ran to her with Momo and Jeongyeon unnie "Jihyo unnie!"

"Jjeuwi... Jeongie... Momoring" She weakly smiled

"I'm glad you're safe! Is everyone safe?"

Momo was looking all over the place but she didn't find that guy, "Can't find Y/N, is he ok?"

"I am free... at last... I-I am so happy" she smiled with tears in her eyes.

Momo unnie got the message when Jihyo unnie said she's free. She consoled and kissed unnie's forehead "Shhhhhh... it's okay, you'll be fine."

It's her sobbing that made my heart soft. I always see Jihyo unnie as the strongest person who I can rely on. Today, she seemed to be happy and she always tells us that Y/N oppa set her free. But I can see through her eyes, she's broken. I don't know much of what happened but I knew Y/N oppa is safe, sadly they are not together anymore.

Dahyun's POV

There was a girl lying on the stretcher, she's pale and a white blanket covers her body. My heart pounds hard as I saw a familiar bracelet. My whole body gave up it's strength and I found myself kneeling on the ground. Sana unnie yelled as she held me, "Dahyunah! Get a grip babygirl!"

I crawled closer to her body not minding the tears I watered the earth. Slowly, I removed the blanket covering and it revealed me my sister's beautiful face, "No unnie! Nayeon unnie, please get up! Chaeng tell unnie get the fuck up! This is not happening!"

Chaeng was crying behind Mina unnie, it was hard for her but this is worst for me! I need my sister, God please send her back!. "Unnie! You can't do this! I still need you. Unnie please I'm sorry! I can't do this alone! Please unnie!"

"Then continue to need me... I'm not planning to die anytime soon." She opened her eyes and my tears burst again.

Chaeng rushed and hugged Nayeon unnie, she's sobbing, "Unnie, I'll be a good sister I promise! I'm so sorry for everything"

Then I just muttered, "I'm the worst sister and all... but if you promise me not to leave us, I'll change everything from now on... unnie."

"Yagsog..." She smiled and it made my heart warm. Im Nayeon she's sick, needy, irrational and a brat sometimes but I don't care. She's my sister and that's what matters most. My family is whole again and we'll do better together. Mom, Dad please continue to watch over us.