Chapter 17: His Only Valentine

Start from the beginning

Jessica places down her phone and stares at Dara. “It’s nice to see you well”.  Last time they saw each other was at Kangin’s party and Dara was a drag.

“It’s nice to see you too. I like your dress, it’s pretty” Dara complimented.

“Oh really? Thank you” she smiles. “Hae oppa has really good taste, you see…”

Dara forced a smile. Does she really have to say that or is she just trying to daunt me…

Although she has an idea where this coffee is heading, she still had hoped Jessica hasn’t catch on about them. But who are we kidding, Jessica definitely has catch on.

Just the moment she saw her walk through that door, she knew she’s the one Donghae is seeing.

She knows Donghae has a crush on Dara and that they know each other since 2005. But she didn’t expect things to go so fast and well between them. Yeah he saved her, yeah he managed to bring her to the party, but to date?

Jessica takes a hold on to her mug, with her right point finger tapping on its handle. “So… Since when are you seeing each other?”

“Uhm… Since the party”

Jessica holds her breathe.

“But please don’t misunderstand…” Dara says to assure her. “Hae and I are just friends”

Hae… Jessica frowned but it wasn’t seen because of the cup covering her mouth. “Guess he has told you about me, huh?” She forces a laugh then takes a sip.

Dara stayed silent. There’s this sticky feeling building inside her stomach. So this is how it feels when you get confronted by an ex girlfriend… This is how uncomfortable Kiko would be if ever I confronted her. If ever I can pull it off.

On the other hand Jessica sits quietly and kept on observing Dara, who is stiff and obviously uncomfortable.

“I know what you’re thinking…” Jessica puckered her lips. “Look, I’m sorry if I may be scaring you, but don’t look at this like those in dramas and I’m the bitch.”

“A…Aniyo… Of course not…” Dara waves her hand constantly.

“Good. Coz I am not. I may be Hae oppa’s ex-girlfriend but I don’t really care who he’s seeing... I just wanted to know you better that’s why I invited you for coffee.”

Dara relaxed her shoulders a bit in relief. “You didn’t invite me to talk about Hae?”

“No... But I do want to know how come you guys surprisingly became really good friends…”

Dara chuckles softly. “Actually… I didn’t imagine we would be either… It’s just that I needed a person to turn to and he happened to be around and helped me. Until now he’s helping me out a lot”

“Ahhh It does sound like him alright” Jessica smiles. “He really likes to help people a lot, even when it’s already unnecessary… It’s sometimes unbearable but then again it’s what makes him more admirable”

“Indeed” Dara agrees. “That’s why I’m also really grateful to him. He has done already much for me while I… I have done nothing but take away his time.”

“It’s fine. I believe he prefers going out than stay in his dorm anyway…” Jessica laughs. “You see ever since the dating article got out, the more aggressive Super Junior were in questioning him”

“Questioning him?” Dara looked worried. “Don’t tell me they’re…”

“Don’t worry. He’s very secretive of you. But yes, they think it’s him” Jessica crossed her arms to her chest and laid back. “So if I were you guys, I’ll lay low on the going out before someone catches you.”