Chapter 12: New People

Start from the beginning

"It's okay.. No hurry"

"Let’s go guys! Let’s kill these orders” Dana exclaimed vibrantly as she leads Ken to the kitchen, leaving Dara and I alone.

They all got busy preparing the orders while we went over a table right by the window... The place is low-litted and the blinds are down to protect us from the paparazzi and possible hawking fans.

“It’s nice to see you’re good friends with your employees…” Dara said while sitting across me. “Have you known each other long?”

“Yep. We’re already friends even before this place has been built up… Even before I become an idol” I said. “If I want to get out of the idol image, it’s them who I talk to. They treat me as a normal person”

 “Doesn’t Super Junior treat you normally?” she asks humorously.

“They do but it’s different. They’re like my brothers.” I clarified in case she starts thinking we’re not close or something. “Isn’t it sometimes you just can’t tell everything on your siblings? or even with yout group members?...”

She smiles, drooping her brows. "Guess you have a point"

A little later, Ken grabs a chair and positions it at the end of the table. He sits and crosses folds his arm on his chest.. “So what are you guys up to now? Did you really just come here only to eat?”

“Noona says she wants to meet new interesting people. So I brought her to you guys…”

"Awwww~~~~" A round of awes came from them, clearly touched by my words. Ken pats me in delight while Dana and Goon joined us and sat next to Dara.

“Why didn’t you bring her to your dorm instead, there she can meet absolutely interesting and insane people. Or are you keeping this meet up low?”

“Don’t tell me it’s one of those idol-no-dating-policy-so-you-wont-lose-fans-crap again?”

“Not really, it’s more of once-Super-Junior-knows-it-will-bring-hell-upon-me-and-us-all”

"They're not like that..." Dana said then thinks again.... "Ah yeah if they know it's Dara. They probably will"

“Why do you need to meet new people for, noona? Did someone dump you or break your heart?”

“Goon…” I pointed.

“What? It’s just a guess! Unless… it’s true…” He says glancing back at Dara. She looks uneasy and troubled, obviously she was taken aback by his question and now she's probably thinking of what she’s going to respond.

Dana hits Goons head hard. “Aigoo… You’re such an idiot”

Goon faces her and bows his head. “I’m sorry, noona. I didn’t mean to…”

“Ahh… aniyo… It’s alright” Dara waves her hand, then forced a smile. "I'm just worrying if I really look like i'm dumped or heart broken..."

“You look fine, Dara...” Ken says bringing out the fries to the table. "Don't mind what Goon says… He's just stupid."

"And you dont have to answer his question either, whatever your reason is, we’re just glad to meet you and be acquainted" Dana said while wearing a kind motherly smile.

"Now I'm starting to see why Hae wanted me to meet you guys you're all very kind people..." she starts to sound at ease.

"I'm not surprised that he did. If we happen to be an idol counselor agency, Donghae's probably our number one customer"

"And the only whiner..." Goon rolled his eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said.

"Guys... I dont know what to do. I really like her, I wanna talk to her but I'm scared, what if she doesnt want to talk to me. I wanna get to know her, be friends with her, be with her..." Ken imitates in a very over acting way. "I wish there's a way where our lives will connect"