"What do you think he's doing?" Jason asked quietly. "Crane, I mean."

"Me? What do I think he's doing?" Blair blinked, not sure what to say. No one had ever asked her for her theories before, she was just sent into combat. It wasn't her place to figure it all out, not that it had ever stopped her before. She usually figured out the criminal's plan moments before the confrontation, but she was never asked about it.

"Yeah, you." Jason nodded, cocking his head to the side. "What do you think he's doing?"

"Oh, I'm not sure. Some chemicals have gone missing, but seeing as I'm not a chemist, I don't know what they'll all do mixed together." She said honestly. She didn't even remember the names of the chemicals that had disappeared from pharmacies and labs.

"Wait, you don't know something?" He teased.

"Shut up, it does happen you know."

"Well, yeah I would think so, but I've never seen it in action."

Blair resisted the urge to playfully shove him against the wall. They were on a case, they didn't have time to joke around. Instead, she voiced their concerns, "Hey Bats, what will happen if Crane mixes all those chemicals together?"

Bruce muttered something under his breath, still walking ahead. Blair looked over at Jason seeing him look just as confused as she was, "I didn't quite catch that, what did you just say?"

"I didn't have time to check to see if my theory was correct." He repeated a little louder.

Blair's jaw dropped, "You what?"

"You said you found him and we left, I didn't get the chance to put my theory into the computer."

"That doesn't sound very Batman of you." She muttered angrily. If it were her making that call, he would have let her have it. She wouldn't have even gotten this far. "You know what my theory was? He created some new drug that manifests your nightmares into a way to kill you, Nightmare on Elm Street style, but you know, you didn't bother to ask me about it."

"Knight Wolf," Bruce warned, turning around to face the angry girl.

"She's right, what if we're walking into a trap?" Jason spoke up, defending her.

"Just do as I say and we'll be fine." Bruce ordered, continuing to walk into the shadows.

********

"Back away from the pipe, Crane." Blair's voice echoed through the makeshift lab. Jonathan Crane was sitting on the ground, his hands hiding something small.

Hearing her voice, he stood up slowly, turning to face her completely. His eyes darted around, trying to see if she was alone or not. Blair knew without his glasses, he couldn't tell if the shadows were really just shadows or a person. Satisfied that she was on her own, he smiled a smile that didn't quite reach his scared eyes, "Oh, it's you. Did he send you down here alone?"

"Wolves are pack animals, she's never alone." Jason's voice came from beside her as he stepped out of the shadows. She fought the urge to smile at his dramatic entrance and his choice of words, staring straight ahead at the man in front of her.

"It wouldn't matter if I was near the pipe or not, I don't have enough of this—", Crane held up a syringe with a clear liquid for them to see, "—to do all the damage I plan to do unless the water vaporizes like it did years ago."