Chapter 58

Blair sat at the table in the corner of the room, twirling her knife into the wood as the TV played a rerun of Friends she had seen a thousand times

Blair sat at the table in the corner of the room, twirling her knife into the wood as the TV played a rerun of Friends she had seen a thousand times. Rachel sat on the bed, hugging a pillow to her chest as she watched the show. Everything seemed fine, but there was something off. Blair could feel it.

"Something doesn't feel right." She bounced her leg, still twirling the knife into the wood.

Rachel looked over at her in confusion, turning the TV off, "What?"

"Something's off." Blair looked out the window, not seeing anything out of the ordinary, but the feeling didn't go away. "I can feel it."

A knock sounded at the door, causing Rachel to jump while Blair immediately shut up out of the chair. They slowly walked to the door, Blair keeping a tight grip on the knife in her hand, thinking about reaching for the one hidden in her boot. Rachel looked into the peephole as a voice came from the other side of the door, "It's Kory."

Rachel moved her hand to the doorknob, immediately jumping back, yelling out in warning, "Kory!"

A loud thud rattled the door as something crashed against it, more than likely Kory and whatever made Rachel scream. Blair reached into her boot, pulling out the small dagger she had taken from home, pushing the girl away from the door, "STAY HERE!"

She didn't wait to hear Rachel's response as she darted out into the dark hallway, colliding with a red haired girl. She grabbed the girl's face, slamming her into the wall. The girl stumbled for a second before glaring at her, reaching into her jacket to pull out two daggers.

She rushed at Blair, swinging the daggers in the air which Blair easily dodged. She twirled the dagger in her own hand, the blade making contact with the girl's face. The girl grabbed Blair by the arm, swinging her into the wall.

At the same moment that she made contact with the wall, Blair saw Gar run into the hallway, looking around frantically. Kory looked over at him, throwing the other boy to the ground, "Get her out of here Gar!"

Gar ran into the motel room, just as Blair felt a baseball bat slam into her back. She yelled out in shock, her hand going to her back as she turned around to face the boy that Kory had thrown away, "Oh you piece of shit!"

She waited for him to swing again, grabbing the bat with her hands when he did. She yanked hard, pulling him towards her, kicking hard at his chest. The boy fell to the floor, letting go of the bat.

The girl started to run at the motel room as Gar was rushing out with Rachel. Blair didn't have time to move to protect them, but she didn't have to. When the girl ran at them, she ran straight into some invisible force that knocked her off her feet, allowing Rachel and Gar to hurry down the hallway.

Both Rachel and Gar looked over at Blair, just as Kory slammed the boy back into the wall. Rachel yelled over at her, pulling away to try to get to her, "Blair!"