《eight》

LAST TIME ON ROAD TRIP...

"Hey Annie, I gotta tell you something." Emily said. "It's about Asher."

THIS TIME ON ROAD TRIP...

"What is it?" Annie frowned worriedly. Had something gone wrong? Was he hurt? Worried thoughts raced through her mind.

"Come here!" Emily hissed and pulled Annie to a hidden corner.

"What did you have to tell me?" Annie asked.

"Okay, so. This might be a little awkward. Um, I liked Asher." Emily stated.

"Okay, yeah, we all knew that. You guys dated all the way back when we were like 14 or 15." Annie shrugged, acting ss if it didn't bother her. Whether or not Annie wanted to admit to herself that she liked Asher, she knew that the subject of Asher and other girls pained her.

"Yeah well, now we're 17 and 18. And I still like him. Well, at least I did until yesterday night." Emily confessed.

"Huh?" Annie said, confusingly.

"I wanted Asher back. But I knew you liked him, because it's a little obvious when you like that person too. That's what life does to you. When you act like that person, you see the way they are. And, well, you find secrets that you never knew where there. Asher, he's blinded. I know he likes you, but he can't see that you like him too. But I can. Because I was in your position for a while, if that makes any sense at all. At first, I didn't want to give up on Asher, even though I knew I stood no chance against you. I even had a period of time when I totally lost interest in him and was just chasing after him for no reason. And then, I realized, he's not the type of person that I'm going for. It's not that I don't like the way he looks or dresses, or anything like that. It's not that I think he's stupid or mean. But, I feel like I might be going for the opposite of what he is." Emily sighed. "I think I'm bi."

Annie gasped. A tear dripped from her eye and she broke into the largest grin ever. "Emily! I'm so HAPPY FOR YOU OH MY GOSH EMILY THAT WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SPEECH EVER." She squealed and cried because she was so touched. Annie hadn't known, but Emily was exactly right about life. If you stand in someone else's rightful position in destiny of their life, you see what you couldn't see before.

"Thank you." Emily breathed a relieved sigh. "Well, we should go back now. They must be worried about you. I'm gonna stay here and think a while." Emily smiled as Annie turned to walk a way.

"Oh, and Emily?" Annie said and smiled. "I just realized this. Lilia would be perfect for you."

Emily beamed bright as Annie skipped happily back to her friends.

LILY ROSE Y'ALL PLEASE DON'T SKIP BECAUSE IT'S IMPORTANT

So, I wrote this long ass paragraph about love and life and I freaking cried while writing this. I just want to thank Girl Meets World because they are my life. Maya is just someone you feel so sorry for but learn so much from. Love you Sabrina Carpenter. For those of you who don't know what Girl Meets World is, you better go watch it. It teaches so much about life and it's my favorite TV series. ALSO this is a short ass chapter because I wanted to leave the effect on you guys that the speech was the main part of the whole chapter. The chapter itself is 480 words but including this speech I'm writing and you're reading, it's 613 words.