Christmas Spirit (Part 2, final, no spoilers)

Start from the beginning

"Well, we were going to dedicate this meeting to making cards for all the renegades..."

"What? But there's like, a hundred of them," Nova started.

"But that can wait until next Christmas! Renegades fans? Get your glitter glue out!"

The whole room cheered and collapsed into utter chaos.

Kennedy started to work on the cover while all the members began to design their pages.

An hour later, every fan was finished.

Kennedy was the last to finish, since she worked on the cover, too.

She added her page, and used a three-hole-puncher to make holes and then tied the pages together using green and red ribbons.

"Good job, fans! Now, there is one hour left for the Tree Decorating Ceremony, so go home and get ready! And remember, immediately after, the council is voting on which one of us has the best sweater!"

The club members left.

"I can't think you enough, Nova."
What? Me? I can't think you enough!"

Kennedy sighed. "With being a fan comes great pain. We know that unless something traumatizing accidentally happens to us, we'll never be renegades.

"Every year after Christmas, I have a group meeting, and that is when I ask them if they got what they wanted for Christmas. I always get no's, because all they want is to be renegades, and they never can. They really needed to do that, to feel useful, and like they were helping the renegades and doing some good for them, other than making some silly cards most of the renegades will probably throw out anyway. We love the renegades, and since we can never be one, the next best thing is to be a super fan who loves and supports them. And doing this scrapbook meant the world to them. Trust me."

'It will mean the world to Adrian, too. So thank you," Nova said as Kennedy handed Nova the book.

"No. The club will present the book to Adrian. As far as I'm concerned, this whole thing was the club members' idea." Nova said.

Kennedy smiled really big, and then hugged Nova.

Nova couldn't help but hug her back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like most years, a wooden stage was built around the tree.

There was also ladders, in case anybody wanted to put their ornament up high.

As usual, the council's ornaments were already on.

Nova marveled at the star. All she ever wanted to do was put that star up on the tree.

But she didn't think she ever would. They always let little kids do it.

Darn kids don't know how lucky they are.

Simon tapped the mic, and when the sound echoed around them, he knew it was on.

He began to speak.

"Welcome, citizens of Gatlon, to the eleventh annual Tree Decorating Ceremony!"

Nova heard cheers, with a huge cheer from behind her.

She looked behind her and saw one of the Renegades Fan Club members. The boy with Adrian's sketch book on his sweater.

She saw Kennedy up front. She and Nova got to the ceremony early to let Simon know what was going to happen, and Kennedy fulfilled her dream of standing at the very front during the ceremony.