4- I Don't want to Lose Her

Third person's POV

There's no way she could escape. The fires have spread fast. No one can save her now.

Every inch of her body should burn.

She should be dead.

She deserves to die.

****

Alex's POV

"HELP! HELP! PLEASE! SOMEONE HELP."

I woke up as I heard a scream. It was the worst thing about having these powers. That you can't sleep peacefully and hear even the most faint noises.

Sometimes slow rustling of winds and even the sound of tap water dripping can give me sleepless nights.

I was sure my room and apartment was sound proof. Not 100 percent, but it should at least block the street noises or make it the least audible.

But this scream was strange. I don't understand why I'm hearing it so loudly. This should be at least more than 10 kilometers away.

But why am I getting hurt at this? I've always distanced myself from human interactions and I was never affected.

Why do I feel like I should go out there? No I should not. Its not my business.

"Help. Please. Please."

This was a whisper. But it sent shivers through my body.

That's it. I need to go.

Within a flash of second, I reached the place. A house was on fire.

I heard a faint breathing from the upper floor of the house. Then I felt its heartbeat.

I quickly got to the room.

Then I saw her.

Sandy, the same girl with those beautiful brown eyes and lovely lips.

I snapped my fingers. Everything stopped. The fire got still.

I teleported her to the backyard. She was not concious but still breathing.

Why do I feel so helpless right now? Why don't I want to lose her at any cost? What should I do?

Then I heard the sound of an ambulance.

I threw a log to get someone's attention to the backyard and quickly hid.

It worked.

Someone rushed and the paramedics quickly took her to the ambulance.

I couldn't help but follow the ambulance to the hospital.

****************************
Sorry.....Short chapter. But the next one would be a longer one.

Anyways Merry Christmas everyone.... Hope you enjoyed :)))

And please don't forget to vote ;))