1- Meet the Alien

This is ridiculous. I've been on this planet for more than 200 years but I can't still understand all of it. People; they are the most confusing ones. Understanding human psychology is the most difficult one. I've studied all sorts of subjects in every field. Going to different universities around the world taking a new identity. I can speak so many languages and have learned about so many culture and diversity of the fastly changing and growing human civilization. But I can't get to understand humans; the most important topic I came to learn here in the first place.

I have less than a year to go back with my research and I should be finished but I'm stuck here more confused than ever. I've started going to a freshman college just today to research more on human behavior.

I've always limited contact with them and stayed as far as possible without making any close friends all this time. But today I stumbled upon a girl. It was not my fault that she fell or almost fell, I caught her. She was in a hurry and was running. Something caught me when I met her beautiful light brown eyes. She was gorgeous other than any girl I've met. She had those beautiful eyebrows and pink full lips. I felt like electricity when I touched her.

Then she looked at me and caught me staring right into her. I could feel her gaze. Then she let go of my hold, stiffened and studied me.

"I've not seen you here before. Are you new in town? So you're a newbie. I knew it. You should've watched where you're going." She said that with an air of authority like she owned the place.

"Hey. You ran right at my face. You should be thankful I caught you or you'd have fallen face down." I answered back with the same tone. I don't believe kids these days. So disrespectful. So different than the older times when I came here. It's all the parents faults. They've become so busy with their lives that they don't have time anymore to teach their kids the perfect manners.

"You should learn to respect your seniors. Well I can teach you that later. I'm late for a class now. So bye Douchebag."

With that she left.

Who does she think she is! You should learn to respect seniors? Well if you knew my age then you'll probably faint. I just look young like I just hit my 18th birthday. And Douchebag? Do I really look like a doucebag?

I admit my outfit is a bit out of fashion maybe. But it was a latest fashion trend 5 or 10 years back. Time goes really fast here. It must be slow for them but 10 or 20 years us just a blink of an eye for me. But I've been admired by every person I've met. They say I've a very refined and godly face. Not that I've met many people and kept a close relationship. But just colleagues and acquaintances. Many girls would hit on me too but I avoided them saying I've seen better or that I'm busy. Doesn't she know how a handsome guy looks like? More like a handsome Alien guy. But I know I'm handsome.

She's just a very proud stubborn kid raised by easy going parents. I thought to myself. I don't want to waste any more time thinking about her. I'm also late for my first class. Not late actually. It's already started. Thanks to that girl I'm late for the first time.

I snap my fingers and boom. It stopped. Time. Everything froze. I open the door. I saw the professor in a black suit. Tall and lean around his late 30s. Then I turned to the seats. I needed to get a seat at the back so no one notices me.

Then I saw her.

The same annoying girl I met before. But she's not annoying anymore. She was in fact calm and beautiful. Her face had those beautiful features and eyes a burning fire like a work of art. She was looking at the professor and silently listening to him. Her head slightly tilted to the side. I noticed a small frown on her forehead.

Was she in a stress? Was she in pain? Did someone hurt her? The thought of someone hurting her brought anger and emotions inside me like I was the one hurt.

What is happening to me?

I've never felt like this is the 240 years I stayed in this planet.

Then suddenly everything moved. Like pressing the play button in a remote while watching a film.

Oh shit.

Either I paused time for longer than I should or that my emotions surfaced and let me lose my focus.

But it was the first time it resumed before I wanted and now I'm in trouble.

"Yes young man. You can come in." The professor said.

At this the whole class looked at me including her. I don't know why I felt nervous when she looked at me.

"He's the guy I was talking about." She wishipered to a guy sitting next to her but I heard it thanks to my super hearing.

Was he her boyfriend? No it isn't. I don't know why I felt a pang of jealousy. Oh I'm getting insane after staying here all these years.

'Look at those pants.' ' He's cute though.' 'Is he a nerd.' I heard whispers soon. But I ignored them. I don't care.

Then the professor clears throat and everyone remained silent.

"What's your name young man?"

"Alexander Hawking."

With that I heard laughs from the entire class. Good now I totally fucked up myself.

I heard people saying. Is that a name. Are you related to Stephen Hawking. Which century is he from. Blah blah.

"Ok class. Silence. Thats quite an interesting name. Now you may have your seat." The professor said turning towards me.

"So as I was saying..."

I still heard silent talks and stares at my direction but I ignored them. I don't want to embarrass myself more. How much more can an alien guy alone in a planet get embarrass himself than this.

Then I saw her turning to my side. Not completely looking at me but I know she's facing me. I heard a silent giggle. Almost not audible but I've caught that and it sounded so calm and peaceful.

Then she shaped her lips to a gentle smile and turned away.

She smiled at me.