↠ eddie kaspbrak

I was in the kitchen, writing down random notes on a piece of paper, when the phone rang. I stood up and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I asked.

In an instant, I got a response, which surprised me until I sensed something so wrong.

"Okay, I'll be there," I answered before putting the phone back down. I walked towards the front door when I saw mom standing right in front of me.

"And just where do you think you are off to?" she questioned.

"Out with my friends," I answered.

"Sweetie, you can't go. You are getting over your sickness, remember?" mom reminded me.

My face started to frown as I briefly remembered the talk that I had with Jaz's mom the other day. "My sickness? Okay, what sickness, mom?" I asked as I took out a bottle of pills from my pants. Mom remained silent as I further confronted her about my "sickness."

"You know what these are?" I continued and threw the bottle on the floor. "They are GAZEBOS! They are bullshit!"

"They help you, Eddie," mom plainly said. "I had to protect you."

"Protect me?" I angrily fired back. "By lying to me and keeping me locked inside of this hell-hole? I'm sorry, but the only people trying to protect me are my friends and you made me turn my back when I really needed them, so I'm going."

I shoved hard past mom before I opened the door in a hurry and went outside.

"Eddie, you get right back here!" mom insisted.

"I'm going to see my friends!" I replied as I left the house with my bike.

"Don't do this to me, Eddie!" she shouted as she could not catch up with me this time.