Imagine #25

It was the annual cookout and Poe was in charge of the grill along with Chewy and Finn. The day was lovely and everyone was walking about, talking with each other or playing with their families.
          You were talking with your father, Han, and your uncle, Luke, until you heard a loud blast come from outside the mess tent. Looking over, you see a greasy Poe trying his best to fan out flames from what should be dinner, Finn scattering from here to there with equipment, food and other things Poe needed while Chewy just sat and ate uncooked meat.
        You couldn't help but chuckle to yourself at the chaotic sight and you decided it was high time to go and see where help was needed. Walking by, you swapped Chewy's uncooked meat with other food, petting him, and you tickled Poe's back slightly, as he looked from to grill to meet your eyes.
"Hey, Hot Stuff," he smiled. "Hand me those clamps over there, will ya?" He points you toward where they are.
        "Sure," you take the clamps and help him out. "Well, don't you look cute in your little man apron." You tap him on the nose, like you always do, just to be met with a stern expression.
"Hey, hey, the patronizing...gotta stop it. C'mon now, babe...this is a master chef's overall." He said matter-of-factly making you giggle at his tone.
"Sure thing, Master Chef...so..." you reached up to whisper in his ear, "is that why your chops are still in flames?"
          Poe was so caught up in your beautiful voice he had forgotten his original job. He flung around, frantically trying to put out the food and put new meat on.
       "Well, well, when are we gonna get some more food around here." Your uncle laughed heartily and walked over patting Poe on the shoulder.
"Well sir...it's kinda gettin' there...I think." Poe murmured as the smoke billowed.
        "Lemme try this mess." Han had come over and taken the clamps, trying to fix the long standing problem.
      "Poe, honey...I think Dad and Uncle Luke can try this one now." You say, slowly pulling him away from the grill. "However, what you can do, is run down and see if there's any meat left becauseee I'm pretty sure Chewy just finished it off." you giggled and he smirks, heading towards the other tent, only to be stopped by you grabbing him by the collar.
       "Hey..." you smash your lips onto his, "don't worry, Champ, you're still a master chef in my eyes."
      Poe growls in response and kisses you again before smacking your ass as you walked away, making you laugh. Boy, did you love that man. You made your way back over to your dad and the crew and before you knew it, the meat was ready and you were serving plates to everyone with the help of Rey as you two chatted away.      You looked around at everyone enjoying each other's company, laughing with each other, sharing moments and stories and you loved every bit of it. Something else happened to catch your attention, however.
         You looked over to see Poe and your mother, Leia, sharing a sweet moment together, as Poe always loved to tease her on just about anything. One thing was always certain, you loved the way he loved your mother. You caught your mother's eye, causing you to laugh out loud as you see her mouth to you "Is this yours?" *gif*, pointing to Poe. You caught eyes with Poe and he winked at you, lovingly. Nothing in the universe could beat how you feel at this moment, the power of love was too strong between the two of you.

------------------------------------------

I'm a lot better at writing for Poe than Oscar, so I had a lot of fun writing this one!
Enjoy, babes.

-KG ♥️