different

„Hey", Ander just simply said when I was on my way home.

„So you talk to me again?", I raised an eyebrow.

„Okay, I wasn't nice earlier, I get that. But you yelled at me that I would never ask about how you're doing and the next second you admit that you've kissed Polo and then you ignore me. How is that fair?"

„It's not fair, I never said that. You just listen to everything that Guzman says all the time."

„No, no, no, Emilia, not that game. If I was behaving like a lapdog then I'd be yours. If you're not happy with that, then don't make me do everything that you want me to do. I'm still myself."

„You don't get it, Ander, right? You're not my lapdog", I emphasized, „I love you, I would never force you to do something. You're just trying to please Guzman all the time. Just like Polo. But he was here to comfort me after what happened with my dad."

„Oh so you kiss Polo because he was at the right place to the right time? And if it was Christian.. would you have kissed him?"

„That's bullshit, Ander. You're so good at hiding your own feelings that you think everyone else does that, too. But Polo and I don't. It was a mistake to kiss Polo and how I told you but you're not making it easy for me to apologize. You became so aggressive and annoyed."

„I'm only like that when you push me away. At Samu's party, you wouldn't talk to me. But I wanted to be there for you."

„You're right", I gave in, „I'm sorry, Ander, I wasn't fair to you."

„We've both made mistakes. But please promise me that you're never going to be with someone else unless we decided we would try different things and that you won't push me away anymore, alright?"

„Alright."

Ander and I were different. We weren't only different from the others but also our relationship was different from those that everyone else had.

I wasn't like Carla or Marina or Lucretia. All of the girls were my friends. But all of them had an easier way than I did. Their parents were still together and were literally having the best families. They loved each other, their children, had money and could provide them with anything that they want. It's not like I would say money's everything. But it solves some problems. The problems that my family had. The funny fact is that my dad had that money. He could easily take care of Nano, Samu, our mom and I. But he didn't treat Nano and Samuel like his own kids because they weren't. Not even for mom and I. And he didn't treat mom like I would expect him to. Even if he didn't love her anymore, he could still help her. But he was living his wealthy lifestyle spending all of his money for his new girlfriend and mom was taking care of three children in a small apartment and didn't know what would happen the next second. That wasn't fair.

Ander wasn't richt either. He only went to the school because his mom was our principal and his dad our sports teacher. He could go out for dinner or for a party with Guzman, Polo and the others but he couldn't go on a fancy vacation in Paris or Milan. Him and I were the only ones who stayed at home during summer when our friends would party on a yacht. Well, a few years ago my dad invited me on vacation with him but he always worked so I had more fun at home. And sometimes I would have saved enough money to go with the Marina and Guzman but their mom and dad wouldn't accept my money and paid for it.

But when Ander and I kissed for the first time more than four years ago, we knew that it was right. In the beginning, we hided even from our friends. But after a while we couldn't do that anymore because we just wanted everyone to see how happy we were. Carla and Lu were supportive, they were talking about double dates already. Marina, as my best friend, was the only person who knew it before. And Polo and Guzman were skeptical. I don't know why, but they're always so skeptical so fast.

„What happened?", I asked Marina and followed her after her and Samu had a discussion in the hallways.

„Nothing, it's just-"

„Marina, you're my best friend. Don't just say it's nothing! I'm just here to talk to you. You know that I don't care about the fact that Samu's my brother."

„I know", she sighed heavily, „It's just.. You know how people often lie? How lies protect people because it's easier to believe the lie than talk about the truth?"

I thought back because I wanted to give her an honest answer. And she was right. I would have loved to lie to Ander and acted like Polo and I hadn't kissed. It wouldn't be as complicated. And I wouldn't have hurt his feelings. So I nodded.

„Samu's too good."

He's too good. But for who?

Carlito 💞

Em

you need to talk to Marina

she's having a massive problem

you're the only person that can help

Ems ♥️

what

what has happened?

she broke down at school

go to her

of course

thanks for telling me, Carls 💜

„Marina", I met her in the library, her eyes looked empty, „What happened? Carla's told me what she knows. Talk to me, you're my best friend."

„I.. I smoked weed and broke down", she cried into my shoulder, „It's too much right now."

„I know, bebé, I know. I'm here for you", I whispered pulling her closer.

Our moment was interrupted by both our smartphones ringing multiple times. The callers were none others than Guzman and Laura Nunier.

„Let's go to your house and see what happened."

But when I suggested that, I didn't expect to find Ventura Nunier being arrested by the police. Guzman and Laura stood there not knowing what to do.

„Marina, Emilia", Ventura turned to us, „Stay together. Be there for each other."