A Day Out

Diamonds POV

The next day

I stood up and stretched, allowing a small groan to escape my lips. I had a slight headache and felt dizzy. Gemi came over and offered me a fish that he had been cooking over the fire for a while now. "Are you hungry, my lady?" I looked between him and the fish he was holding out to me and shook my head.

"No thanks." he gave me a puzzled look and shrugged.

"Did you at least sleep well?"

"I slept fine." I walked over to the fire and added another log to it.

"What are you doing?" Rin moved back from the fire as it got hotter, and I sat down next to it.

"Meditating." I closed my eyes and was about to start levitating until someone broke my concentration.

"Come with me." I looked up at Sesshomaru.

"Last night you told me to meditate now you want me to follow you?" he looked at me and started to walk away. I sighed and followed after him, scrambling to my feet. We walked out of the clearing towards a bubbling creek. 

The sunlight shining off the surface of the water was absolutely stunning. There were daisies and dandelions growing all along the banks of the creek. There was even a frog that was sitting on a rock just quietly minding its own business as dragonflies zoomed by.

As I took in our beautiful surroundings, Sesshomaru settled himself on a large rock. "Nightmares seem to run in your family,"

"I've been told I'm like my great great grandmother." I picked up a rock and tried to skip it across the creek. Let's just say that was stupid of me. It bounced off a couple of rocks before plopping into the water. My face turned red as I removed my shoes and moved to the water's edge. I could feel Sesshomaru's gaze on me, and my blush became darker.
"Growing up wasn't easy for me, but I try not to let it bother me. I don't have nightmares about the way I grew up. My nightmares are about my scars." I look over my shoulder to gauge his reaction, but he just sits there quietly; his face unreadable.
I look back to the water and kneel down, putting my fingers in it. The water was cool to the touch and crystal clear. It looked very refreshing and it felt like my worries were being washed away by the water's gentle touch "My life isn't easy but it's gotten better; I don't have any family that wants anything to do with me. That's fine with me, I prefer to be alone."  I look at him and smile. "But I think I'd rather be here with all of you than alone in my own time." Sesshomaru looked at me and then looked away.

"You have Kagome," 

"Not very often, and she doesn't plan on going back to our time anymore."

"You want to go back,"

"Not in a million years, but one day I will need to go back. To prove them all wrong. " Sesshomaru looked back at me and stood up.

"You have nothing to prove to those who did you wrong." We stared at each other for a long moment before I smiled. 

"Thank you, Sesshomaru,"

There was an awkward pause before Sesshomaru spoke again. "You lied about needing to learn control"

I paused for a moment, not knowing what to say at first.  "You're right, I did lie, but if I had to go back and do it again. I would lie again. "

Sesshomaru looked at me with furrowed brows, and I just smiled at him.

"If given the chance again, I would still follow you." I walked past Sesshomaru, not noticing the way he was clutching his chest when I did. "Shall we head back?"

Without a word, he followed me back to the clearing, where Gemi once again offered me some fish. This time, I took it, sitting down happily to munch on the delicious catch.

Unknowns pov

I paced back and forth in the foyer. I had been doing this a lot now that I knew the young lady would be returning soon. However, I was beginning to get antsy. 'How long does she intend to make me wait.' I knew I should've brought her back with me the moment I confirmed that it was the young lady. 

I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice my master standing in the doorway. 

"If you wish to bring her back, go fetch her yourself." I turned to my master, stunned that they had finally given me permission to bring Lady Diamond home.

"As you -"

"But only if she wishes to return. do not bring her here against her will. " My master gave me a stern look, and the only thing I could manage was a nod. Master took a step towards me, and i could feel the menacing aura that was radiating off of them. 

"As you wish, Master," I bowed my head low, before quickly leaving to carry out my masters orders.

Soon, she will be home, and masters temperament should subside upon her arrival. That's what i've been telling myself at least.