CHAPTER NINETEEN

That day was the last time he saw her.

Of course, he and the Marauders asked where she was, why wasn't she there?

Even Regulus appeared worried.

Dumbledore informed them that there was an emergency back in America with her brother that she had to attend to immediately.

And then, one week later, Dumbledore stood up to his podium during dinner and informed them that Jasmine was never coming back.

Because she had fallen victim to a death eater attack on her way back to England.

There was an uproar. Disbelief. Anger. Sadness. Even Marlene was beside herself with guilt.

Guilt.

Each and every one of them felt responsible.

Years went by, and Siruis never seemed to recover.

How could she be gone?

She was there, just the week before. Telling him how she was in love with him. She was there, just last month. Playing with him in the snow and showing off her Patronous.

Three years later:

The speeding motorcycle took the corner so fast in the darkness that both policemen in the pursuing car shouted 'Woah!'

Sergeant Fisher slamned his large foot on the brake, thinking that the boy who was riding pillion was sure to be flung under his wheels; however, the motorbike made the turn without unseating wither of it's riders, and with a wink of its red tail light, vanished up the barrow street.

Siruis and James exchanged grins, enjoying the thrill of it all.

Sure, they were twenty and no doubt that when they got back James' wife, Lily, would chew them up.

But it was still fun.

It was moments like these that Siruis' lived for. Ever since Jasmine had died.

It was like he had been lost, somehow, just as he had her-

-he lost her.

"We've got them now!" Cried PC Anderson excitedly. "That's a dead end!"

Leaning hard on the steering wheel and crashing his gears, Fisher scraped half the paint off the flank of the car as he forced it up the alleyway in pursuit.

There in the headlights sat their quarry, stationary at last after a quarter of an hours chase.

The two riders were trapped between a towering brick wall and and the police car, which was now crashing towards them like some growling, lumonous eyed predator.

There was so little space between the car doors and the walls of the alley that Fisher and Anderson had difficulty extracting themself from the vehicle.

It injured their dignity to have to inch, crab like, towards their miscreants.

Fisher dragged his generously large belly along the wall, tearing buttons off his shirt as he went and finally snapping off the wing mirror with his backside.

"Get off the bike!" He bellowed at the smirking youths, who sat basking in the flashing blue light as though enjoying it.

They did as they were told.

Finally pulling free from the broken wing mirror, Fisher glared at them.

They seemed to be in their late teens. The one who had been driving had long black hair, his insolent good looks reminded Fisher unpleasantly of his daughters lay about, guitar playing, boyfriend.

The second boy also had black hair, though his was short and stuck up in all directions. He wore glasses and a broad grin.

Both were dressed in T-shirts emblazoned with a large golden bird. The emblem, no doubt, of some deafening, tuneless rock band.

"No helmets!" Fisher yelled, pointing from one uncovered head to the other. "Exceeding the speed limit by a considerable anount! Failing to stop for the police!"

"We'd have loved to stop for a chat," Said the boy in glasses, "Only, I was trying to get my friend here out of the rut he's been stuck in for the last few years, you see-"

"Don't get smart! You two are in heeps of trouble." Snarled Anderson. "Names?"

"Names?" Repeated the long haired boy, who indeed, did look a bit down. "Er- well, let's see. There's Wilberforce... Batheshda... Elvendork, and that's a nice one that is, you can use it for both a boy and a girl-"

The boys voice suddenly seemed to fail him as he paled of all colour.

It was a summer day, back in seventh year.

Jasmine was walking beside Siruis, her blonde hair slightly frazzled. He had just fetched her from his brother and cousins company and she was babbling away.

"Merlin it's hot in here. They should really install some air conditioning. It's this muggle thing that makes the air cool but I suppose they must have a spell for that, right? Can you imagine trying to explain that to other wizards? 'So it basically turns the air into ice?' 'For Godrics sake, who keeps inviting Elvendork?' No! It just cools the air down in the summer.' The name Elvendork is unisex by the way, it belonged to this goblin Griphooks sister, I mean, when I first heard it I was like, 'Oh, you have a brother?' And then he said, 'No, she's my sister.' I had to contain my-"

"Do you like me?"

"What?"

Siruis was dragged back into reality by James elbowing him in the ribs before speaking.

"Oh, OUR, names did you mean?" He asked. "You should've said! This here is Siruis Black, and I'm James Potter!"

"Things'll be seriously bkack for you in a minute, you cheeky little-"

***

Siruis walked into James' house later that day, his hair slightly wind swept and his heart racing.

He seemed happy.

Except, his mind was betraying him. Memory after memory of Jasmine attacked his consciousness with full force and little to no mercy.

He rubbed his temples as he saw James creep upstairs to check on his wife, Lily, and his two kids.

Harry and Jasmine.

***

A/N

You have no idea how tempted I am to just end it here.

But... obviously I can't do that to you guys... though I want to...

Anyway, for those of you who don't know, I recently posted a story called DESIRE | Harry Potter. It's a bit different to all my other books and will be just as short, if not not shorter, than this one.

Also, fun fact! The scene where Siruis remember Jas' rambles and gets the name Elvendork was my whole inspiration for this book!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and DONT forget to vote!