Leaving for the Big Apple

"Anthony Bernard Mitchell get your ass in this car right now before we miss the plane." Anthony quickly rushed to the car frightened that his mom might get more upset then she already was. "Mom I was making sure I didn't leave anything" he said. "Well do you have everything so we could leave?" I think so... he said quietly. The Hell you mean you think so , she raised her hand ready to strike furiously. Yes! I have everything he shouted . Ok, she said then let's get going then. Mrs.Mitchell quickly started the car and sped off to the airport. On the way to the airport there was a weird silence in the car that made it seem as if it was unsafe to speak, until  Mrs.Mitchell broke all silence. "How do you feel about moving to New York Ant?" she asked. "I don't know yet , I mean all my friends are here in Miami and it's nice and warm down here all the time, I just wish that we could stay a little longer until I graduate from highschool." "Well I know your going to miss your friends and all but don't worry I promise you will like it up there."she said. But Mom I only have two more years of high school left, please let's just stay until I graduate. "Ok, well stay on the streets for the next two years then how about that cause their ain't no job down here for me" she said. Anthony returned to his silence infuriated about moving from the only city he has known. "Baby I know your upset, but I was offered a job up there that's going to pay some really money" she said. "I don't have money will never be apart of my vocabulary ever again, and maybe if you good I'll get you them Jordans you been begging me about." Anthony hid his smile as he thought about how good them shoes would look on him. After a couple minutes in traffic they arrived at Miami International Airport. "Anthony hurry up and get the bags were going to miss the flight" she shouted. Anthony fumbled about gathering the bags while trying to catch up with his mother. They checked their bags and went through security checks and rushed to their gate. By the time they arrived they were gsetting ready to close off the plane, but Mrs.Mitchell wasn't getting ready to miss that plane for nothing in the world. She quickly handed her boarding pass to the lady at the desk and rushed to her seat on the plane. The lady announced at the desk that terminal D15 is now sealed off and preparing to take off. Anthony was still way behind and is now lost and his mother dosn't even have a clue he is missing. "Phew" Mrs.Mitchell said, I thought I was going to miss the damn plane she said to her herself."The man next to her laughed, he was tall ,ball head, black,muscular and had cologne that smelled like dollar bills. "And why are you in such a rush this morning " he asked. "My son is such a slow......" she paused. The plane was now prompting for take off. Mrs.Mitchell kept looking up and down the aisle until a flight attendant told her to please take a seat the plane was getting ready to take off. Mrs.Mitchell unsure of what to do was hesitant to sit. She out of nowhere began to pray that her son would find his way to New York. She knew it was too late to get off the plane now so she didn't even bother putting up a fight. Anthony now all alone is still lost and must find his way to his mother.

TO BE CONTINUED AFTER 10 LIKES