37. A moment to trust

Zalay was so confused and scared. Car stopped and she was walking straight upstairs to her room. Whole day she didn't talk to anyone in University. Not even for a second she met eye contact with her friends. Her friends knew something was wrong but they couldn't figure out.

Zalay sniffled as she went through the hall but someone held her arm. She turned to find Zumeer. She couldn't talk to him. At least not now. She was hell stressed and she just wanted to find a place for her to cry otherwise her eyes would leak this second. She knew it.

She looked away. Letting her arm go, she looked at him in disbelief again as if 'what'.

He stepped closer, "we need to talk, Zalay"

"Is there still anything left you want to talk about. You decided everything on your own", her stern voice was followed by a pause. "Just leave it. For now please" her voice broke as she turned to open the door in order to vanish in her room.

But his warm hand curled around her cold wrist, stopping her, "I know I didn't consult you and i apologise for that. Please, Zalay stop taking me wrong"

"Leave!" She jerked her hand but his hold tightened, "someone will come"

It was a second after she said it when they heard someone coming up the stairs. Her heart started to beat fast. The very next second Zumeer dragged her behind him to her room holding her wrist and locked the door behind them with other hand.

"Zalay?" They heard Yashfa call her through the other side of door.

"Han?" She slowly replied standing behind Zumeer.

"Come downstairs for lunch."

"I don't wanna eat" Zalay replied.

"Yar just go downstairs and tell this to Mom on your own. I don't wanna come and she's already mad" it seemed that now she was opening her room door, her distant voice came, "moreover she wants you to serve your so called in laws" after that they heard her shut her door close.

It was now that she realised that he was still holding her wrist so she slowly twisted her hand and he let go of her. She glanced above his shoulder. What was he doing? She thought. She saw him making sure the door was locked.

"Why are you locking it?" She asked.

"She talks to you rudely"

"That was not rude" she replied, sternly.

He sighed shaking his head and turned to her. "Mujay baat karni ha tum se" — i want to talk— "and please don't just run now"