Interviews&Gladiators Sandals

You’ve all seen those rich snooty bosses, that if you say just one word wrong they fire your ass off, right? Yeah, me too, and I work for him.

                I was recently out of high school when I got the job for Personal Assistant to the oh-so-famous founder of the oh-so-great (not sarcastic) clothing store; Girls Paradise.

                I’ve always loved clothes; it’s every girl’s guilty pleasure. I once even thought of becoming a fashion designer, but when I realized that my artistic skills for drawing were . . .  disastrous I decided to take on a different job route.

                I was sixteen when after taking a summer class of creative writing I discovered my talent was in literature. Sadly, that is a very hard job to pursue. It’s mostly luck. I realized that in my first year of college, but even then I kept on studying, and praying something would go right and I would become like J.K Rowling, Dan Brown or the great Jane Austen with Pride and Prejudice. I wanted to be one of them.

                I wanted to write a book out my pure imagination, read the reviews of the fans complementing me on how great my imagination and writing skills are, and have the fans love my books so much that they become New York Time Best Sellers. We writers have 3 goals; 1) Publish a book, 2) Have the fans love it and 3) Become a best seller, not for the money but because that means that your talent is amazing, that you’re not alone, that other people also believe in what you believe.

                I tried getting a job in a book store, or as a journalist, or even a low grade editor, but no one was willing to hire an inexperienced nobody. 

                I bet your wondering how I ended up being Personal Assistant, a very important and professional job . . . Me too. I was just about to give up and un-pack my things ‘cause I was never getting out of my parents house when my older sister told me there was an opening for PA in Girls Paradise Enterprise. I knew this wasn’t going to be easy and I was probably going to have to reschedule my classes to fit my job but I needed the money and experience so I went in for the interview.

                It was everything I never thought it would be. I went in, in my best set of preppy feminine pencil skirt and blouse set, looking somewhat sexy if I might add, got in fast. I was the first to arrive for the interview. (Later I found out I was the only one who showed up for the interview for reasons you will understand later.) I sat dawn ready to hand in my résumé when the interviewer (/ Vice President of Girls Paradise) told me, “I have three questions for you. I want you to answer them with most honesty, and if you do not . . . we’ll find out the hard way. You ready?”

                I was beginning to get scared, so I nodded in response.

                “Alright, do you work under-pressure and do exactly as you’re told?” I nodded. Two qualities my mother always admired in me. 

                “You finished high school?” I nodded, “Yes, I am actually in beginning my freshman year of college here in NYU studying English-“

                “I don’t care.” To say I was shocked was an understatement, it was then when I began to realize high school it’s a walk in the clouds compare to the real world. “Alright, and to finish, are you willing to devote yourself to your job as Personal Assistant, no matter the request?”

                “This sounds a bit similar to the first question but yes, I am a devoted worker.” He nodded and leaned back on his chair looking me up and down, as if inspecting me.