Chapter 8

It's the next day when Sam wakes up. She looks at her arrow and smiles. She should start to hang more things. Make it home. Maybe she could make a run into a town to find some stuff. she needs batteries anyways. Her mp3 is running on low and she needs it. It's what keeps her sane sometimes.

After her little brainstorming about her room improvement strategies, she gets up and puts her hair into a new ponytail. It still looks messy but not as crazy as when she got up.

She changes out of her jammies and runs into Daryls cell to ask him about the trip into the next town.

All thoughts leave her as she freezes in his doorway, her blood running cold.

The two men look up at her. Daryl with a quizzical look on his face and the other with surprise in his eyes.

"Yer Fords kid

"Yer Fords kid." Merle says matter of factly but he is not quite believing his eyes.

"What?" Daryl says looking back and forth between them. "Yall know eachother?" Sam swallows dryly at his conclusion.

"Yer Daddy been looking for ya." Merle says standing up.

"Hold on. Can one of yall explane? How do yall know each other." since Sam looks like she won't even remotely answer, Merle speaks.

"Her Daddy and her were the ones that saved me when i was 'bout to be eaten by the uglies. On the roof. When i was bout to cut me damn Hand of. Was already 3 Inches in when lil bugger crawled through the little slit of the door." Merle says eyes not leaving the kid.

He And her Dad believed a Walker Must have gotten her at night.

"Well thanks for savin my brother." Daryl says feeling numb with the Information and unsure of what to do with it.

"More reason to get him Daryl. I've been tellin' ya. He'll be a set of muscle to this weak group." Merle opens the discussion from before up again.

Sam takes a step backwards. 'Bringin him here? No They can't!' Her mind screams.

"Merle-" Daryl begins but is distrakted from Sam running away from his cell.

"Still skitish as ever." Merle says referring to the kid. "He saved my life Daryl. I owe him." he ads, his loyal side coming out.

"He'll be dead the minute he steps near the fence." Daryl says.

"Rick!" The faint voice of someone yelling outside cuts their discussion again.

~~~~ with Sam

'i have to Go. I have to get out of here!' her mind races as she shoves all her belongings into her backpack.

"Rick!" She hears from outside and her head snaps to her cell door. She frantically grabs her guitar and board and leaves the backpack with the clothes back. She has to hurry.