Chapter 13

A/N Hope you are ready for epic showdown. Time for Percy to show his actual power. No holding back now. You wanted powerful? This is it. Nobody threatens his friends and gets away with it. Not even the god of war.

I advise play some rock/metal music to this to create a nice climate.

Neptune got out of the forest just in time to see Ares standing in front of the team, all bound in dark chains. Injustice league stood on the side, enjoying the show. He cursed. If only he didn't make a stop on the way to bind Wotan so he couldn't escape. Celestial bronze cuffs do miracle on holding super powered people and so do strong hit on the head. Without thinking too much He summoned giant wave of water and trapped the Injustice league, freezing it immediately so they couldn't escape. The impact was enough to knock most of them out cold. Only Joker somehow managed to stay conscious, but he was unable to break free. Clown's eyes darted all over the battlefield, taking in what was happening. Even when he was trapped and immobilized, he was still smiling as if he expected a show.

Ares turned to where he was standing. "Ah. Finally the guest of honor arrived. Tell me punk. Who should die first? The young boy number one? The angry alien? Or maybe one of the useless fakes of Poseidon's brat?" The words put Percy in rage mode. He was ready to charge at Ares, but he managed to calm himself. If he just did that, then there was large chance he would die or the god of war would still kill someone before he got there.

"Let. Them. Go." He said instead. His words were dripping with rage, but he tried to stay calm. Behind his googles, his eyes were that of pure cold fury. Once he reined his initial emotions he went into full battle mode. Not only his brain accelerated, broadening his senses and analyzing every detail of the battleground looking for advantage and potential threats, but also his powers were once again at it's peak. Earth was slightly shaking, ready to turn into full-scale earthquake any second. He had this tug in his gut telling him that he probably was reaching to all water in the Bayou. Nobody threatened his friends and got away with it. Especially not some half-witted god of war.

"Or what will you do, eh Punk?" Ares mocked. Immediately he felt earth shake a bit more.

"You are just a coward, you know that?" Percy said to the god of war. His voice was now underlain with mockery. "Instead of going after me you decided to pick on innocent teenagers. Come, show me that you are more than just some spoiled brat of ol' Drama Queen Zuzie. It is well known fact that you are the weakest of all the Olympians. That is why you couldn't marry Aphrodite, right? Because your pop sold her as a trophy wife in exchange for new throne. You are the useless one. There is no more wars now. I've beaten you when I was twelve and without any real training..." He did his best to make sure he pressed all the right buttons. He had to have undivided attention of his opponent. It might have been reckless, but this was most certain way to get him away from rest of the team.

"YOU LITTLE... YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING SEA SPAWN. I WILL BRING YOU TO THE BRINK OF DEATH ONLY TO MAKE YOU WATCH WHILE I KILL THEM ONE BY ONE, TAKING MY TIME WITH THEM! THEN I WILL FIND LITTLE MAIDEN FRIEND OF YOURS AND MAKE HER MY WIFE-SLAVE FOR ALL ETERNITY!" Ares raged before lunging at Percy. Demigod just waited for it. As soon as his opponent lunged, he did the same. They met in the middle and clashed their blades. Impact was enough to send each of them back. That moment Earthquake increased tenfold, making it pretty much impossible for anyone but Percy to stand straight. Even Ares had some problem walking. Water from mile radius came crashing, forming giant bubble around them. Almost whole Bayou dried. Only bubble of air was around the team, making sure that non-atlanteans can survive. This time, the battle would be at his rules. A dome of ice formed around the collected water, blocking any remaining moonlight and creating almost complete darkness. Now the only light was barely burning red flames that surrounded the god of war. It stayed lit underwater, but it was also dimmed. With ice dome thick enough, Percy could lessen the hold over water (only maintaining the air bubble around his friends) and focus on his enemy. His life-sense and affinity for water replaced dimmed light. To some extend he could see in the darkness, but right now he made sure that there was virtually no possibility of light getting inside.