Sweetwater River

* so they get to sweetwater river like season 1 when cheryl is on the ice and Toni is there too, also this is my first story *

A bit of a trigger warning ⚠️ mentions of suicide and death 

Betty's POV

There she was. My cousin. Cheryl Blossom, about to take her own life. I had to do something, anything. While everyone was screaming at her trying to make her come back I ran through the thick snow that blanketed the ice covered river. I saw the ice crack underneath her while everyone was screaming at us to get back.

"Tell them I loved all of you," I managed to choke out, before I pushed her further away from the ice. 

"Betty!" I heard everyone scream as I slipped into the dark, icy depths of  sweetwater river.

The current took me away from the screams and cries of my friends and family. Jug. I'll miss him. Then suddenly darkness. Nothing except pure terrifying darkness.

Above the water

Jughead POV

No. No. No! This can't be happening. We spread out trying to look for her. I kicked the snow away as I desperately tried to find her, while tears streamed down my face. I looked around for a second to take in what the others were doing. I saw Archie kicking the snow like me, Cheryl and Toni crying and Veronica on the phone to Sheriff Keller while shaking and sobbing uncontrollably. After a few minutes Sheriff Keller came, followed by a crying Kevin. Toni and Cheryl walked carefully over to them while Archie, Veronica and I sobbed, knowing that she didn't make it. Knowing that a childhood best friend died. Knowing that a beautiful, amazing bestie is gone. Knowing that the love of my life is never coming back. It should have been me. 

Weeks later Betty Coopers body was found in the murky depths of sweetwater river, giving everyone in the town a scary sense of deja vu. An assembly was held at Riverdale High to honor their lost pupil. Cheryl, Toni, Archie and Veronica all spoke. Last but not least was Jughead Jones. Who ended his speech with ' a million words could not bring you back, I know because I tried. A million tears would not bring you back, I know because I cried.' That day at sweetwater river Jughead Jones lost his other half.