Chapter Fifty-Six

Start from the beginning

    My heart tightened at the memory.

    "I love you," I whispered snuggling closer.

     "I love you more," he whispered back, kissing the top of my head.

    I thought about Ross, the God of the Stars, son to the Goddess of the Moon. Would we meet again? Was our meeting just a fictional memory? "Are you tired?" I whispered to my mate.

    "I won't be sleeping for a while," he responded, he had gotten into a bad habit of not sleeping. He gained the habit over the my absence, and now it's reinforced by his thought of be dying again at any second. He kissed my cheek softly.

    "Want to go to the balcony?" I felt his smile against my skin. Then it disappeared.

    "Won't you get sick? It's getting cold outside," he said, worry lacing his tone.

    "No, I'll be alright."

    "Let me get you another layer." I let out a sigh as I felt him move out from under me. He flipped the covers off of himself and tucked them closer to my body. He move silently to the closet and pulled out one of his winter coats.

    He walked over to me as I was sitting up. He then put his coat over my shoulders and hugged me close to him. I stood on wobbly legs and wrapped my arm around his and together we walked to the balcony.

    He opened the balcony door and checked the temperature before looking at me with worry in his eyes. "I think you need another coa—"

    "Come on, before the night ends," I nudged him outside. We stepped onto the balcony and I wobbled over to the railing. I leaned up against it and looked up into the beautiful sky.

    I felt him come from behind me, trapping me within his arms. We sat there silently for a while. Just taking in each other's presence. We took for granted the time we had together, now that wasn't the case.

    "You see that star out there," he pointed out to the brightest star. "My mother told me that Literos communicates through that star."

    "Communicates? How?" I looked up at him. He smiled down at me.

    "Make a wish. I'll tell you if it'll come true." I raised a brow. He kissed my temple, "hurry, the night isn't getting any younger, my queen."

    I laughed as I brought my hands to my chest, "I pray—"

    "No, no, in your head, love." His honey laugh filled the night sky. I blushed as I closed my eyes.

    'I pray that Zaivinth will be happy forever,'

    "It will come true."

    "What? How do you know?" Did he read my mind? I swear I didn't say it through mind link.

    "Here let me make a wish, and look at that star." There was a silence, then I saw the star flicker.

    He let out a breath, his lips right by my ear, "well, what did it do?"

    "It flickered," I looked up at him. Then I saw his facial expressions light up.

    "Then my wish will come true," I gasped, my eyes widening.

    "That's how it works?" I looked up at the star. It was so bright, like a candle in the sky.

     'Will I see you again Literos?' I just wanted to know if our encounter was real or not. If I had someone actually wanting to be an older brother to someone like me.

    The star flickered.

    'Soon?' It flickered again. I leaned into my mate. I took in the night air. Then my legs started to hurt from all the standing I was doing.

    My mate knew it before I had to tell him. "Ready to go inside?" He questioned and I nodded my head. We turned and I held onto his arm tight. I clutched his coat that was over me as we walked inside the room. He walked me to the bed and sat me down before taking the coat off me and closing the door.

    He was leaving to put the coat back where it came from when I spoke up, "Zaivinth," he turned and looked at me. "Thank you. For everything." I've said it several times, though i mean it every time. I have never had someone care so much for me before. Someone who is happy to nurse me back to health again.

    In the darkness I saw his pearly white smile and bright blue eyes. "If only I could do more my love."

   He turned and put the coat away before coming back to bed with me. He tucked us in tight together, his arms back to their original spots. I started to drift to sleep when a thought came to mind.

     How the hell am I going to make it to the sirens?

A little bit of fluff because both Sheila and my readers needed a break from the action.

ms-d5P5JV

ms-d5P5JV.gif

How do you think she is going to get to the sirens?

What's going on with the war? Any ideas?

Who's ready for Christmas??

Comment and Vote Pwease