Pub Chatter 5th Edition - December 22, 2019

Start from the beginning

A Christmas Message from MystresMyna

Bill messaged me to let me know that he had started this week's Chatter with his Christmas message and reminded me not to forget to add mine.  So, I moseyed over to read what he wrote and after reading it my first thought was....my Christmas message will be easy....all I need to write is...DITTO!!

In all seriousness, Bill's words ring so true.  For me Christmas is all about the celebration of the birth of Christ, it is all about the celebration of love.  I realize that not everyone celebrates Christmas the way my family and I do, but I do know that we can all celebrate love.  The love of family and friends is the driving force in all our lives.  I believe that life is always about family, but often we let the chaotic drumming of the world around us drowned out the beautiful melodies made by our families.  We need to take the time to just listen to the music, without the hectic noises that intrude upon our day to day lives.  Christmas is the perfect time to year to do just that, listen to the music of life.  I know I plan on drinking in every moment with my precious grandbabies, my children and the rest of my family. 

To every one of you here at the Pub, I hope, no matter what your beliefs are, that you will let this Holiday Season, fill you up with the glorious sounds of love, laughter, joy, and grace.  I hope you are able to gather enough life music, that your cup overflows into a reserve that will last you throughout the coming year.  You are all so dear to me, the friendships we have made here are priceless, thank you from the bottom of my heart!! I love you all!!

To Bill, "Oh captain, my captain!", I wish you and your family a blessed Christmas.  I hope you make wonderful memories with your precious grandchildren!! I know everyone will agree that you are the cornerstone upon which the Pub is built, and we are all grateful and blessed to have you at the helm.  I hope you have time to rest and renew, this holiday season, because next year is going to be our best year yet!!  Merry Christmas, my dear friend!!

Merry Christmas and Cheers to you ALL!!
MystresMyna (Jess)

Merry Christmas and Cheers to you ALL!!MystresMyna (Jess)

FEATURED POEM

Decisions, Decisions
By NehpetsEnal

She read them all and was rockily impressed
A path of cobbles was soon her's to walk
She found herself between a rock and a hard place
The organ grinder slew the music and she cried, in empathy
She kissed Halloween tears, the horror of her choice
Picking the few was torturous, so she shared the pain with the many
Soon she had us all in the cutting room, taking a hand in dropping the guillotine
Sadly, most were sacrificed, but each of us gave five a stay of execution
Hubble, bubble, toil and trouble
Snips and snails, and puppy dog's tails
Sugar and spice and all things nice
It'll soon be time for the 'Mystres' to pop the survivors in the oven and release the best to fly from her royal pie

Thank you NehpetsEnal for sharing this lovely poem with us!!  -- MystresMyna