8 - Man She Once Met

Beginne am Anfang

"I'll have you know I have-"

"ELSA! ANNA!" A loud, ear piercing scream filled the two girls' ears as Elsa's sentence was abruptly cut off. Dozens of people got up from their seats and ran to grab their spears, clubs and bow and arrows.

In the distance Elsa could see a singular reindeer running clumsily back to the stables. The blonde wondered if it were ever going to stop running from the distance it was covering.

But as the details of the people riding on the reindeer came into view, a sinking feeling overwhelmed the Fifth Spirit, causing her to run over to the two figures.

"HONEYMAREN! Ryder! Holy sh- Holy! What happened?" She looked up at a sweating Honeymaren to see there were tears in her eyes.

"W-We were riding the reindeer when they ambushed us and dragged Ryder to the ground and beat him senseless. I managed to get some of the lighter people off of him and punch them out cold, b-but the bigger ones almost got me too. I had to abandon one of the reindeer to get us back here."

Olaf and Kristoff ran over to the commotion in a hurry as the brunette spoke, Sven pursuing slowly behind them. Olaf gasped at the site of Ryder's bruised and beat up body. Scratch marks scattered across his face and pools of blood stained his ripped clothing.

"I-Is he going to be okay?" The small snowman asked with a teary face.

Elsa glanced down at him empathetically, managing to give him a small smile. "I don't know buddy, but I'll make sure to do what I can." The Fifth Spirit then turned to Honeymaren, who had hopped off of the reindeer.

"Where are these men now?" The blonde asked through gritted teeth, her eyes going from a worried baby blue to a slightly darker ocean wave. It was like the dark sea.

Honeymaren noticed the change in demeanour on Elsa's face. "I don't know, but I know they're here. Ready Arendelle's army, we have a war to win."

Anna nodded a bit too quickly and practically ran across to the other side of the tribe to do final preparations.

Elsa took a deep breath in to calm herself. "Someone! I NEED TWO PEOPLE TO HELP THIS BOY STAT! WE NEED MEDICAL ATTENTION." You could almost feel the cold and shivering ice in her voice, even as it cracked with worry. The blonde swung her hands back and forth and around, creating an ice stretcher for someone to carry.

Two Northuldran men came running over with horrified looks on their faces. "Wait, this is Ryder! It's the animal boy, what happened to him?" The shorter man asked, scratching the stubble growing on his chin. He must've been no older than twenty, as he still had a baby face.

"You don't want to know, kid. Please take him away and get him immediate care." The two men nodded understandingly at the spirit's statement and lifted the heavy ice stretcher with a groan, lifting up opposite ends carefully and placing the injured boy onto it.

While the fight would be happening, all the wounded, elderly or ill people would have to camp out and hide, praying and hoping that their friends and family would win in this fight. 

Elsa's eyes furrowed deeply as tried to calm herself. Luckily, her girlfriend noticed this action.

"Hey, Snowflake. I hope you know it's not your fault at all." The brunette put a reassuring hand on the pale girl's shoulder.

"I know, I know, it's just I'm here to protect everyone and everything in this forest. That includes your brother." Elsa swung her arms lazily around the girl's neck and pulled her in for an affectionate hug. The blonde took a deep breath in and savoured Honeymaren's presence.