One

August 16th, 2027

Malibu, USA

Miley's POV

"Hey Jonah, you packed and ready to go?" I ask my son Jonah, walking into his room.

"Why are we going again?"

I was packing some bags with my three sons; Jonah, Cameron, and Bentley. We are going to take a trip down to my house in Nashville.

"Because it is Cam's tenth birthday tomorrow. We went for your tenth birthday, now we're going for Cameron. We'll do the same when Ben turns ten."

"Well I don't wanna go."

"Why? You loved going for your birthday and all the other times we've went."

"Yeah, I loved it cause we all did it as a family. Dad isn't coming with this time." He explains.

"We're still a family Jo."

"Not a complete one. I wanna stay home with dad."

"I know it's hard for you not being with your dad, but he's the one that decided you kids live here. He still visits and you still go over there."

"It isn't the same. And why would he not want us to live with him? Not even me...doesn't he love us?" Jonah and Liam were really close. Liam was close with all three boys but he and Jonah just had a special connection. "And there's enough rooms for him to come, there's three rooms. One for you, one for dad, and one for Cam, Ben and me to share. I don't need my own room when I'm there, I can share with Cam and Ben."

"Of course he loves you boys, you know he's busy with his movie. He loves you so so much." I say, reassuring him. "And the trip wouldn't really work, it'd be too hard for your dad and me. We separated for a reason. But you three are sharing a room anyway."

"Sometimes I wish you guys weren't famous. Is that a bad thing to think?"

"Of course not, sometimes I wish I wasn't famous either. I could go out in public without being bombarded by paparazzi and fans. I love my Smilers with all my heart but sometimes it's just...a lot. And it'd be a lot easier for you kids to grow up."

"I feel like if dad wasn't famous and he had a normal job like a normal person he could be with us more." He says.

"Define normal Jo, there is no such thing as normal. I do understand what you mean though."

"Sorry for being all negative, I just miss dad. He hasn't seen us for over a week and now we're leaving. How long will we be gone?"

"Just a week. Also mamaw and papa are in Nashville now too so you can see them while we're there. Now finish packing, I'm gonna check on your brothers."

I walked into Bentley and Cameron's room and see them packing their bags.

"Hi guys." I say.

"Hi mom!" Cameron says excitedly. "When are we leaving?"

"Well somebody is excited."

"My birthday is tomorrow and we're going to Nashville, it'd be crazy to not be excited. I love Nashville!"

"I wish you could rub some of your excitement onto your brother, he isn't excited at all."

"Yes I am!" Bentley says, making me laugh.

"Right, I have three boys...it's Jonah that isn't excited."

"Why not? How can he not be excited? It's Nashville! Ben is excited too."

"I know, Jo is just a little upset that dad isn't coming. But I explained to him that he's got his movie."

"Isn't it weird if dad comes?" Cameron asks.